Arizona Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimBrown55

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang coupe
Howdy,

I'm getting my 1973 base coupe, (351C, FMX) improved and roadworthy after sitting in a carport not running for the last four years. Upon initial inspection and troubleshooting, I found that the reason it had been sitting for so long unrepaired is because the fuel pickup was almost entirely blocked. Three "mechanics" and the young owner had been into this "troubleshooting", and in the end, told him to replace the timing chain (appreciate that), which did not supply more fuel to the stock carb. Cleared the pipe and the car ran. Hated to tell him.....but I did, trying not to laugh.

All that, and since then, I've added an edelbrock 2V RPM AIR intake, 600 cfm edelbrock carb, dual exhaust with flowmasters, new shocks, hoses, water pump, harmonic balancer, power steering pump, alternator, leaf springs, and of course, wheels and tires. (I've kept all of the stock parts for anyone who may someday want to return it to stock...which will never likely happen. Who would do that?

At this point, what remains is some front end work, (tie rods, ball joints, bushings, as needed, to eliminate on-road clunks, etc.) a little paint work, some interior work, and install or repair the few creature comforts, heat, A/C, the stock AM radio, etc... all of which I'm finding good help with here. Looking forward to getting it finished and taking it out for run to Ocean Beach. Eventually.

Here she is after getting it started and chasing around the neighborhood making too much noise and exuding noxious odors. (F/A mix) See ya around!

2v2ac0m.jpg

Back