Asking for some imputs!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First: There is demand for quality detail work. Logo #1 indicates to Me full service. Second: Logo #2 does not tell Me that Your main focus is Detailing. Others have all-ready given You good advice and encouragement. I wish You much success with what You are about to do.

fir

Damien,

Congratulations on your new venture. From following your posts, you seem to be a passionate guy about the hobby (and now your pt business) and a caring person. Those qualities will serve you well.

Logo 2 is the better choice. It communicates better and more directly. I'd suggest that you modify the tagline to be a little more descriptive of the services you will provide. Without that, I can't tell whether I'm looking at a car dealer, restoration shop, parts supplier or just some guy who designed a cool logo for his car. The single-color vector format is easily and cheaply produced, as you mention. But your simple design would also allow you to change colors easily - perhaps to match your customers' cars.

Logo 1 has a bit of a vintage garage feel, but it focuses incorrectly on the car as the primary image, and too much negative space is trapped in and around the center. Splitting the main copy can also be a bit distracting. If you want to work with that one a bit more, I'd place your SuperBoss copy across the center of the circle and move the car and ancillary copy to the perimeter.

Once you finalize the design, if you don't have access to a good sign shop, I'll be happy to produce some decals - at no cost - to get you started, if you'll cover the shipping from Florida.

Hope that helps. We've owned and operated a full-service signage and graphics company for a bit over 10 years.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Your Logos be in English or spanish?

First: There is demand for quality detail work. Logo #1 indicates to Me full service. Second: Logo #2 does not tell Me that Your main focus is Detailing. Others have all-ready given You good advice and encouragement. I wish You much success with what You are about to do.

fir

Woow Mark! thanks very much for the critiques! Those are more than welcome as i am an industrial designer but now very passionate about graphics... I tend to be very erratic in knowing if i'm going in the right direction...

The vectorial logo was the first draw by the way.. i just felt it was luck of 'Muscle"... or vintage, and that is why the second came up, a little more fun in my opinion but all you're saying is completely true...

I still have to see if the focus i want to do with this logo is a logo itself or more a graphic piece that feels nice to the eye and let people remember me better than just see my car and a little talk in which i explain i can do something like that...

What you're saying about the description is totally true, now that you've said it it sound obvious...

Thanks very very much for your offer... i'll consider it with enthusiasm :)

And keep coming into this thread in which i'm planning on post every step i make into this mark design :)

Thanks again my friend!

Will Your Logos be in English or spanish?

fir
Hey Fir!! thanks very much for your inputs and again i think you're right... the one thing i like most about the first logo is the implicit detailing dedication it seems to express... Of course that's very subjective but there is something that is telling every non expert eye that this little logo goes the best with the idea behind, even though, as Mark said, the second one is a "more intelligent" logotype...

You are mentioning perfectly why the first logo is more 'beautiful"... it just says that the offer is a detailed and meticulous work...

I'm going to read each an every opinion you guys have and i will work it again and again and again... as the matter of fact, i'm a detail working guy in every matter... :) THANKS!

D..Great Idea..It's a safe bet that just easing into it is the best way to go.When I started out I always had my main job to guarantee me a paycheck every week ..& did side work to test the waters so to speak. To this day as you know I still do detail work on the side of my main bread & butter business..Although for me it is more of favor thing to my friends with high end cars. I pick & choose when & what I want to work on. But that's only because of all my years of hard work. I happen to like the 1st logo..my one suggestion is to put a phone # in so people can contact you. Good luck I know you will succeed !

I like the first one, has more of a vintage metal shop sign to me... Best wishes on your new endeavor!
Thanks VERY much my friend!!... your best wishes are good cared over here :)

D..Great Idea..It's a safe bet that just easing into it is the best way to go.When I started out I always had my main job to guarantee me a paycheck every week ..& did side work to test the waters so to speak. To this day as you know I still do detail work on the side of my main bread & butter business..Although for me it is more of favor thing to my friends with high end cars. I pick & choose when & what I want to work on. But that's only because of all my years of hard work. I happen to like the 1st logo..my one suggestion is to put a phone # in so people can contact you. Good luck I know you will succeed !
Scott! thank you very much for your words and your story that is in fact, very similar to what i intend... Slowly enter this business that in Uruguay, is too difficult to make it the main one from scratch...

As the logo thing i'm positive that as mark said, the first one doesn't qualify that good as an enterprice logo but there is something that claims to be the right one so i may sit in the PC again because i have time to rethink this things to make it the best i can :)

I trully thank you for your inputs and keep coming into this thread to be up to date :)

Go for it Damian and see were it takes you.
I think i'll definitely do that :) you guys are trully encouraging me to try to go into it so... i'll do it! :)

Good luck with that project Damian.

As for the logos, I really like both but I prefer the first one, just because it looks flashier and has the info "Garage" in it. So people know what it is about.

It also emphasizes the "fun" part of the topic better that the "colder" b/w one.

Normally I'd prefer the second one, as I like clear lines, clear information with nothing that distracts from the message itself, but in this case I say the first one is my choice.

Good luck with that project Damian.

As for the logos, I really like both but I prefer the first one, just because it looks flashier and has the info "Garage" in it. So people know what it is about.

It also emphasizes the "fun" part of the topic better that the "colder" b/w one.

Normally I'd prefer the second one, as I like clear lines, clear information with nothing that distracts from the message itself, but in this case I say the first one is my choice.
Hey Mike! thanks for the inputs!!... I have the exact same opinion... normally i´d choose the second one cause it seems to be more "intelligent" as is clean and minimal and that is what guides my design creativity but in here and for the pospose of this one, the asthetics the round one gives is more accurate.... I{m now triyng to impoove the first one taking into account what Mark told me yesterday but we will see what comes up!! i´n not a very clever graphics designer :p

Thanks again my friend!!...

Hi Damian,

I'm with the others and say "Go for it!" The first pic didn't load, but I like the Super Boss. The drawing is not a 7173, but at least it's a Ford Mustang :)

Good Luck with your new venture!

DJ

Friends!!... How are you today!??... I kept working on this logo thing as you already know...

I´ve decided to go with the first, round one despite of knowing that as to its function, the other one was more "professional"... I just hear to all of you guys and it seems most people liked this one better...

I tried to improve it as much as i could and here it there are 2 versions with some minor differences between them...

I´m just gonna post both and wait for your inputs :)

Thank´s guys!!!

Superboss A.jpg

....OR....

Superboss B.jpg

Great inputs my friends!! THANKS!! I'll keep working on number 2 then!! Another step to polish the last details and it will be good to go, don't you think?!

Thanks again!!

{thumbs up} Great idea...I like both logo's...And that is something you can allways change along the way....i would use the bright one to catch eyes...And the other one for advertisements that could be in black and white.

Back