August 13th flooding in southeast Louisiana

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad for your losses. But this is just another justification to have our cars insured. I have been guilty of letting a few years slide with no coverage. I don't suggest this (storing un-insured cars) to anyone. Even if they are not yet restored or finished - protect yourself and have them insured!

Ray

Very sad for your losses.  But this is just another justification to have our cars insured.  I have been guilty of letting a few years slide with no coverage.   I don't suggest this (storing un-insured cars) to anyone.  Even if they are not yet restored or finished - protect yourself and have them insured!

Ray
You just made an excellent point about insuring a "stored" car. You never know what can happen to it in storage. I never anticipated flood losses but it happened. I can only praise Haggerty for its great service in settling the claim. The plan I had for the two cars was paid annually and for full coverage of both. The rates were extremely reasonable compared to covering a "daily driver" automobile. I highly recommend everyone cover their vehicle after purchase even if it will be stored until restoration is completed. The process I went through 15 years ago to determine a "stated value" was very reasonable with Haggerty.

Back