Austin Vert Reviews Convex Passengers Mirror

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job! Those modern stick tapes are so cool. I started using them for many things from holding things in place until I have a free hand to downright using them outside to hang things up on the wall.

Nice touch with the matte black stick. You could make them, give them a funky name and sell them. :) There´s money on the street you just need to pick it up. :)
Thanks Mike,

Yeah, we could market it as Austin Vert's Mighty Mirror Adjuster.:)

I must say i always thought it was rather poor the Ford did not offer a cable remote controlled passengers side mirror for the Mustangs like other models of the day did. Especially when you consider what a safety advantage and a practical advantage that concept brings to the car.

Ah yes, the old pre electric mirror days!:p

Greg.:)
Austin Vert for President!!! If you win, you could come to the States and I'd let you live in my shop. Just remember to bring all your paint detailing equipment! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to all,

Just wanted to give a quick review of the Scott Drake convex passengers side external mirror for the 123 Mustangs.This mirror caught my eye, seemed like a good idea, so i thought i would buy it and give it a try.
Just ordered one, I kept swearing to buy one of those small rectangular ones, that you glue onto truck mirrors, every time I use that mirror, and trying to look over my shoulder, trying not to cut somebody off. This is a much better option.

I, tightened up the pivot ball by re staking the rivets.
I didn't know how to tighten this up, I currently have a piece of foam wedged under my mirror trying to keep it up so that I am not just looking at the rear tire all the time. ::thumb::

Initially I taped it on over the old mirror, so I removed it, broke out the old mirror, and put it on with black RTV- it works great now.
That sounds like the kinda thing I'll probably do also ...::devil::

Good job! Those modern stick tapes are so cool. I started using them for many things from holding things in place until I have a free hand to downright using them outside to hang things up on the wall.

Nice touch with the matte black stick. You could make them, give them a funky name and sell them. :) There´s money on the street you just need to pick it up. :)
Thanks Mike,

I must say i always thought it was rather poor the Ford did not offer a cable remote controlled passengers side mirror for the Mustangs like other models of the day did. Especially when you consider what a safety advantage and a practical advantage that concept brings to the car.

Austin Vert for President!!! If you win, you could come to the States and I'd let you live in my shop. Just remember to bring all your paint detailing equipment! :D
Thanks Eric,

I'll take that as a compliment!:p

Thanks Mike,

Thanks Eric,

I'll take that as a compliment!:p

...just glued on my convex passenger mirror today Greg and yes, you should take my previous comment as a compliment!

I just picked one up at NPD in Ocala, Fl and it fits perfectly... Great idea and it works.

I just picked one up at NPD in Ocala, Fl and it fits perfectly... Great idea and it works.
Thanks for saying where you bought your convex mirror. I've been looking, but not found it on CJ Pony or Summit Racing....... not to say it's not there, could have just missed it in the listings.

However, in an earlier post from me, I described how I enlarged the actual viewing area....... on both sides. Yet to be tested on the road, but sitting in the garage, it does look promising. ( when I get my engine back in, it will be road tested!!) Surprisingly, there were no comments on this idea, perhaps because it is not a cheapo mod. To me, a bigger mirror has got to be better, but at least there is now an alternative, which I likely would have used had I known about it.

Geoff.

Refers to "Passenger Mirror Won't Adjust" post #13

Last edited by a moderator:
Back