Autombile Insurance

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
I was wondering what type insurance folks are generally using for their classic mustangs.

Specifically, are you using one of the companies that insure classic cars as their primary business or are you simply adding your classic mustang to your regular insurance?

BT

regular insurance here.most classic car insurance companies {here in canada at least }have a clause that you should only drive on roads below 70km an hour {60mph=100kmh} so if you want to drive it on the highway you legally can't.And if you want it as a daily driver they won't insure you.As for the regular insurance all I had to do was get the car appraised by a qualified appraiser and that was it.best thing to do is call a few and see what type of coverage you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have classic insurance through Grundy. In the past I have had policies with AAA where I got a multi-vehicle discount and classic coverage, but found the separate Grundy policy to be the most economically viable solution. We have more than one modern car on our traditional policy, so the benefit of the multi-vehicle discount does not help like it used to.

Regular insurance through Erie...as mentioned above, some of the classic auto insurers wanted ridiculous conditions where as Erie is regular coverage anywhere on the planet and at any time of the day, LOL!

Regular insurance through Erie...as mentioned above, some of the classic auto insurers wanted ridiculous conditions where as Erie is regular coverage anywhere on the planet and at any time of the day, LOL!
I have classic insurance and the rates are very low. However it must be garage kept and you are limited on mileage.

Yes, I was looking at Hagerty as I do have a 4-car garage and since it looks like I am now going to have three (more on that later) classic mustangs, I won't be able to drive them at the same time anyway:)!

THANKS for the input, guys!

BT

Back