Bearing kit for clutch pedal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So 73Pony could use the circlips, but looks like it's an exception. Well, at the end, where did you weld the bearings in the oblong, in the middle I guess ?

In my case i tacked it in the farthest forward position. However, in hindsight, i would have used the farthest rear position to give the pedal a little more travel for clutch engagement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So, I will weld them in the middle, I think the most important is that the two bearings face to face.

If someone here get some used linkage parts to sell, I still need a fork, fork boot, rod bar from peadl to Z bar, lower clutch rod, firewall to steering column seal, clutch release lever retainer spring,

I did some work on the pedal assembly yesterday. I used a grindind machine to thin out the washers, I don't need to weld them, it's enough tight.

Now the axle is too short to set a circlip, I guess I should drill a hole into the axle to add a pin ?

I would shorten the bushing on the right side to allow the circlip and a washer.
I was thinking about that but there is not too much meat to grind out, I'm afraid to damage the rollers.

I did some work on the pedal assembly yesterday. I used a grindind machine to thin out the washers, I don't need to weld them, it's enough tight.

Now the axle is too short to set a circlip, I guess I should drill a hole into the axle to add a pin ?

I am going to suggest you weld them in place. I thought mine was tight enough too and it worked for a time but then started to move a little bit and more as time went on. So I ended up pulling it out again and welding them in place. Just trying to save you from having to do something twice.

It looks like those Scott Drake bearings are to wide. Maybe you can get thinner washers or grind them thinner, then weld them BUT make sure it is all in line first.

Back when I did mine, I bought the kit from Mustang Steve. That kit uses ball bearing races which are thinner and I had no problems fitting except I needed to grind the bearing carrier sleeves to suit the angle of the bracket sides (draw angle) to keep it all inline.

Oh yes I will weld them to avoid to do it twice :)

I already grinded the washers to be able to set the circlips, at the end they will be to thin I guess, but maybe not. I was thinking to make a thread: washer, nut and a pin, or simply a washer then a pin.

Back