Clutch pedal swap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1, I've had this car is storage for 19 years and it's currently in the the body shop getting full body restore. Installing IFS, Coyote engine, TKO 600 5 speed and more.
I’m switching my car from auto to manual. I bought this pedal assembly a while back not sure which year it’s from. Trying to figure out how I’m gonna convert this. the steering column lines up and bolts to the Rusty original support. The clutch pedal is on the black one but there’s an extra bracket here on the way on the left side and I’m not sure what it’s for. It’s it’s spot welded on in six places. I’m sure I can get it off but I’m not sure what its purpose is. Transferring the clutch across to the original support looks difficult. anybody done this or you can tell me what the bracket and the left side is for?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7406.jpeg
    IMG_7406.jpeg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 2
That's the early style pedal support for 71 through late '72. You can remove that bracket and transfer the studs and fuse box bracket from your old assembly. Be sure to put new bushings in both pedals before you install it. Check the condition of the bushings on the overcenter spring as well.

Back