Best way to get a better holeshot????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... we're on a budget... as stated stay at the 3.5... no more, ex ... I run 3:89's and at 70 I'm running 3500 rpm. that doesnt sound bad.... but running down the interstate you soon feel like your abusing your engine. change the intake if you can afford to. When you change the intake...add a VERY inexpensive 2" spacer under the carb,(be careful closing the hood make sure the raised height is clear) it adds torq... stall converter if you can afford it all low cost changes (to us maybe not to a 16 yr old). Be sure your timing is set... a few degrees can make a difference ???

And for the Prius..... a good Glock or Smith and Wesson should resolve that problem. (ACTUALLY just carry an extension cord with you ride up beside them blow the horn and get their attention... hold the cord up for the driver to see.... then speed off) :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a good suggestion! what level torque converter do you reccomend?

Also, I know a single plane is for top end power, im saving up for a dual plane or maybe even an airgap if im feeling like waiting:)

Im just running it because i wanted a 4bbl carb and i got the manifold for free.

THANKS AGAIN!!

I have got one nearly brand new I'll sell you for cheap. It's a Hughes street master 2300-2500 stall. Let me know if your interested. If you plan on highway driving a lot I'd stay under 3000 stall personally.

Never mind, it's for a c6 not an fmx

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back