Big decision time!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate it heaps matey...

My plan at this stage is to go to hanging rock one last time (in the next few weeks?) and then I'm thinking of selling my VIC plates "SUNDY" and putting it on club rego a year or 2 later when I finally finish the gearbox upgrade.

I was originally thinking top loader, and after reading a bit, discovered that there are over 100 variations of top loader for all the various mount options, etc.

After reading that, it' s also important for me to get a gearbox that will fit nicely as far as gear shifter goes. Not too close to the dash. Don't want to scrape any knuckles... Hehe

Jim in the Mean time try Mal Wood Here in QLD. He would be pretty close to a one stop deal and provide you with good advice just tell him exactly what you want to do with your car. My guess is it will run you about 5 grand for all the parts and that's a big guess.I haven't been back in to the cars for a long while now and not all over prices like i once was.Also try VPW sometimes they surprise you with some good deals and do the jegs summit thing online. Last parts I got from summit turned up in 7 days in perfect nick. You could get the box local for warranty reasons and get the bell housing etc from the states. Bit of buggering around but can save you a fair coin.

http://www.malwoodauto.com.au/tremec_parts.html

Hope this has been of some help

Made the call to my mate. Jimbo looks like you may spent a shade over $6000 alone at Mal Wood with the box, billet flywheel, ACE Option 3+ clutch, quatermaster hydraulic throwout ect. my guess is if you already shelled out for the box and all the other fruit you might as go the whole way with a hydraulic throw out. Also you will need to factor in a new tail shaft. That was another $550 for a 3.5" heavy duty single piece with 1350 uni's. Mal Woods the Au supplier and go to man according to my contact.

Holy Snapping duck poop Mate it's a bloody scary price that surprised me,a new shift kitted C4 from TCI or B&M would come in under 2500 for the box. Makes you a bit jealous of our friends in the states and their prices. I am sure some one here could give you a part list for a TKO so you could look on summit or Jegs for all the right gear would have to go a fair bit cheaper.

Luke, you're not wrong about the holy duck poo!

I may look at buying from the states as an option... What's 500 bucks on delivery by slow boat if you can save thousands...

If I'm going to look there, I'll also look at a 4r70w... There's something perversely appealing about a box which can be reprogrammed via USB using the baumann controller. I also suspect that installing this type of box will require severe header mods so there's another grand gone.

Dammit, I just want a bloody manual with overdrive so I can really enjoy the bastard for the next 10 years... After that, I'll be too old to hoon around and will probably just be happy with a nice beige corolla ... Oh god, somebody shoot me now!

If I shoot you can I have your car :angel:

The TKO and install kit are about 3500 near enough form summit plus bell housing + throwout bearing. I didn't look at a 4r70w lots of people here (forum)with em so I am sure you will get the good oil on the how to or even a buying tip off.

Good luck bloke the price gagged me and its not even my dough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back