Blinker Fluid

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know where I can get lightweight NASCAR rated racing blinker fluid? Apparently it weighs half as much because it only works on the left side.

If you turn the bottle around and pour from the other side, it should work for right turns.
So...if Stanglover is correct, careless handling of racing blinker fluid in the NASCAR pits could explain the drivers hitting the walls?

I was hoping not to get dragged in to all this BUT...this is for the benefit of our newer or lower expertise members (I'm surprised/disappointed our long time members above did not share this basic info):

Since the 1971 model year thru 1973, ALL Mustangs had the selectable dual blinker reservoir to allow either side to blink with ANY type fluid. This controller is located above the glove box on the firewall. Previous to 1971 only the Mustangs with competition suspension offered this controller.

Attachments

• techvlv02b.gif
    techvlv02b.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
I was hoping not to get dragged in to all this BUT...this is for the benefit of our newer or lower expertise members (I'm surprised/disappointed our long time members above did not share this basic info):

Since the 1971 model year thru 1973, ALL Mustangs had the selectable dual blinker reservoir to allow either side to blink with ANY type fluid. This controller is located above the glove box on the firewall. Previous to 1971 only the Mustangs with competition suspension offered this controller.
That's too funny!!

So, if my left blinker is blinking too fast, can I slow it down by using heavier weight blinker fluid? If so, what weight do I need so it matches the right side?

That raises an interesting question. If NASCAR ever went to Australia, would they turn in right (incorrect) direction?
But NASCAR did go to Australia....remember Thunderdome?

Not that one, the OTHER one! I do believe it went down the drain.

So, if my left blinker is blinking too fast, can I slow it down by using heavier weight blinker fluid? If so, what weight do I need so it matches the right side?
Yes. Every spring, when I'm changing out the winter air for summer air in my pickup tires, I also flush and replace the regular blinker fluid with towing-rated blinker fluid, in preparation for boat-towing season. You could try a fluid with a slightly higher GVWR on that left side. Caterpillar makes a pretty good towing-rated blinker fluid, BUT you can only get it in 5-gallon buckets, so it's hard to use it all up before it goes bad (and boy does that stink!).

That raises an interesting question. If NASCAR ever went to Australia, would they turn in right (incorrect) direction?
Perhaps they can make both LEFT and RIGHT hand versions......... just don't get the labeling wrong!!
Imo, NASCAR wouldn't go to Australia nor Britain for that matter....... they just don't like going in one direction.

We're a crazy bunch of old coots with nothing better to do, aren't we.
Good for some much needed chuckles what with all the strife in the world these days.
Can we all PLEASE learn to get along.

Perhaps they can make both LEFT and RIGHT hand versions......... just don't get the labeling wrong!!
Imo, NASCAR wouldn't go to Australia nor Britain for that matter....... they just don't like going in one direction.
Here you go!...if you like NASCAR..

For me, no I don't like NASCAR. Too boring, left turn left turn .........
So the Aussie do have a type of circle racing but Right turn Right turn.
My preference is roadracing. Old Australian Super Car and Bathurst, especially.

Back