• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blue Comfortweave Fabric

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang convert
Looking for a remnant of blue comfortweave fabric approximately 16" x 22", enough to do one front seat bottom (all I need at this point) I have tried the usual source-SMS, and they haven't had any in stock for some time.  So, hoping to find someone who may have done new covers and has some fabric left over and is willing to sell at a reasonable price :D 

Thanks!

Looking for a remnant of blue comfortweave fabric approximately 16" x 22", enough to do one front seat bottom (all I need at this point) I have tried the usual source-SMS, and they haven't had any in stock for some time.  So, hoping to find someone who may have done new covers and has some fabric left over and is willing to sell at a reasonable price :D 

Thanks!
Do you know if that is the same as the 72 Sprint Convertibles?  If so, I may have some.  Can you post a picture of what you need?

Thanks!
Do you know if that is the same as the 72 Sprint Convertibles?  If so, I may have some.  Can you post a picture of what you need?
Not 100% sure on if the 72 Sprint is the same but I think it may be. I will get pictures to post shortly.

Thanks!

Here are cell phone pics of my original seat 72 Sprint
a85ce8406924beece5e38afdf975767b.jpg
9cdd98b7efd4e0ff03df37b8bc039c15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are cell phone pics of my original seat 72 Sprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct on that seat material for Fastbacks and Coupes, but not the 50 convertibles.   Here is the material for the 50 convertibles (first two pictures) vs my Coupe and Fastback (and Pinto and Maverick) - last picture.

View attachment 40829

View attachment 40830

View attachment 40831

Last edited by a moderator:
MotorCity Mustang:

The top two pictures you posted look similar to what I have. Do you have any of the fabric?

Thanks,

Jim
I do.  How much do you need?
I need enough to do a seat bottom approximately 16" wide X  24" long . To confirm, is what you have the original type comfortweave, not the reproduction?

MotorCity Mustang:

The top two pictures you posted look similar to what I have. Do you have any of the fabric?

Thanks,

Jim
Mine is original.   Let me see what I have, I think I have a whole bottom seat cover.  

I need enough to do a seat bottom approximately 16" wide X  24" long . To confirm, is what you have the original type comfortweave, not the reproduction?

Gotta love it- when Mike speaks of Sprint models, he speaks of all flavors including Pinto and Maverick! :)

MotorCity Mustang:

Thanks,

Jim

Here are pieces of what I have. They are original, not reproduction.   Note one of them does not have the small pleat in the middle like the Sprints and your car.  Not sure what that piece came out of, but the material is the same.  Both pieces are about 17x14.  Are you doing the bottom piece?

View attachment 40875

View attachment 40876

Here are pieces of what I have. They are original, not reproduction.   Note one of them does not have the small pleat in the middle like the Sprints and your car.  Not sure what that piece came out of, but the material is the same.  Both pieces are about 17x14.  Are you doing the bottom piece?
Thanks for reply and pictures.

Yes, just the bottom at this point. unfortunately the ones you have are too small, my inserts measure 20 1/2" x 14".

Still hoping to find some fabric....

Yes, just the bottom at this point. unfortunately the ones you have are too small, my inserts measure 20 1/2" x 14".

JimB73,

If I may make a suggestion, the seat bottoms in a 73 vert with comfortweave are about 14" from the back edge under the seat back to the pleat and then 6" from the pleat to the front end. I used two pieces (one being about 16" long and the other about 9") and sewed them together to create the pleat. All you should need is the replacement piece to be at least 2 inches longer than needed from one end to the pleat. This works for the seat backs as well.

JimB73,

If I may make a suggestion, the seat bottoms in a 73 vert with comfortweave are about 14" from the back edge under the seat back to the pleat and then 6" from the pleat to the front end. I used two pieces (one being about 16" long and the other about 9") and sewed them together to create the pleat. All you should need is the replacement piece to be at least 2 inches longer than needed from one end to the pleat. This works for the seat backs as well.

There is no issue if sewn together right. I had a upholstry guy do this the first time about 20 years ago and the seat are still in perfect shape.

Hello All,

Bumping this thread, still on the hunt for this fabric to finish the bottom of the seat. I'm on the waiting list at SMS but he has not gotten any stock that matches in a long while. If anyone has any extra fabric or knows of another source would love to hear about it.

Thanks!

Back