Blue Glow w/ Argent stripes FLIPPED?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The slender, full-length "hocky stick" stripes along with the horizontal lower-body tutone paint give the car a lower, leaner look overall. A Stripeless Mach/ fastback looks much more bulky and stubby, and the foreshortened and fatter 73 stripes coupled with lack of lower-body tutone paint tend to make the rear of the car look big and bulky. The smaller 14" wheel/ tire combo alleviates that to a small degree.

Just my opinion, but I feel the lowest color on the car needs to be a " heavy" or weighted" color ( difficult to describe what I mean) to give the entire paint scheme a solid "foundation" look.

The 71-72 style machs look best to me with black tutones, to give a good "foundation" for the primary color.

73 machs, however, look better to me with the argent tutone and stripes, simply because the lower part of the car will typically be a "heavier" color. Just my opinion.

Strangely, and conversely I LOVE the grabber blue with argent stripe scheme on 71-72s. Maybe because the grabber blue is not too much more "heavy" than the argent.

A 71 in black and argent to me looks terrible, but a 73 in that combo would look great to me.

Back