BOLO Stolen Mustang W/Trailer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
Just saw this on facebook:
HELP PLEASE!! **SEE INFORMATION BELOW!!**
My 24 foot Navy Blue (Rare color) Timberwolf Coyote Enclosed Car Trailer and Classic 1968 Mustang was STOLEN from our family farm in Mattawan MI within the past 36 hours!! (See photos for ID)
Trailer just had the generator door blue skin replaced and is brighter than rest of original color blue siding.
It also has a complete white interior, checker board flooring, front upper cabinets and stainless workbenches in the front. A new winch was just installed in April and is removable. (See photo below)
Another trailer unique ID Mark, the trailer has a very large 3-4 ft wide “FORD Blue Oval” decal on the lower part of the rear ramp door.
There was NO license plate on trailer or on the stored car inside.
Unfortunately, it also contained a 1968 Mustang Fastback GT/CS - California Special, stored inside. It is bright yellow color with all black interior and is fully restored in excellent condition. I did not discuss this vehicle with anyone except a few very close family and friends. I’m just sick over it.
I was at the farm working until 7:30pm Friday night 7/22/22 and came back Saturday 7/23/22 at a little after 3:30pm and it was GONE!!
The trailer had a Masterlock tongue lock and 1/2” wheel cable locks installed on it.
The tongue lock was cut off as shaving were in the grass. The cable lock was installed thru the left side wheels, and was obviously cut, and both items were taken with them. (You can actually see both locks if you zoom in on the right side photo.) The rear door has black master lock pad locks on both side door bars, and the side door is locked and dead bolted.
I still have the keys for the trailer and car.
The Van Buren County Sheriff Dept has been here, and I reported theft. Both trailer and car have now been reported stolen and would be entered into state and national database. Any officer should now be able to see them as STOLEN VINs.
If you have any information or see this trailer, please contact me or police department immediately, as time is of the essence!!
It has been less than 36 hours and the thief or thieves maybe still driving or visible to the area!!
Tire tracks indicate it originally left property heading South on CR 652. Can access nearest towns of Lawton, Schoolcraft, Three Rivers or Marcellus or can head to US131 South that direction. But that could be temporary.
$$ Significant REWARD will be offered for information leading to recovery of my property!!
1658682760971.png

+5

80 Comments
1.9K Shares

Last edited:
Rat bastard thieves.

The lesson from this is that locks, cables and chains just slow down a determined thief. With enough time unobserved they will bypass just about anything. Parking something where there is nobody to see them, they will take it.
The Mustang was likely just an added bonus. Any kind of trailer is popular with thieves and they were probably after the trailer.

My 24 foot Navy Blue (Rare color) Timberwolf Coyote Enclosed Car Trailer and Classic 1968 Mustang was STOLEN from our family farm in Mattawan MI within the past 36 hours!! (See photos for ID)
Trailer just had the generator door blue skin replaced and is brighter than rest of original color blue siding.
It also has a complete white interior, checker board flooring, front upper cabinets and stainless workbenches in the front. A new winch was just installed in April and is removable. (See photo below)
Another trailer unique ID Mark, the trailer has a very large 3-4 ft wide “FORD Blue Oval” decal on the lower part of the rear ramp door.
Unfortunately, it also contained a 1968 Mustang Fastback GT/CS - California Special, stored inside. It is bright yellow color with all black interior and is fully restored in excellent condition. I did not discuss this vehicle with anyone except a few very close family and friends. I’m just sick over it.
I was at the farm working until 7:30pm Friday night 7/22/22 and came back Saturday 7/23/22 at a little after 3:30pm and it was GONE!!
The trailer had a Masterlock tongue lock and 1/2” wheel cable locks installed on it.
The tongue lock was cut off as shaving were in the grass. The cable lock was installed thru the left side wheels, and was obviously cut, and both items were taken with them. (You can actually see both locks if you zoom in on the right side photo.) The rear door has black master lock pad locks on both side door bars, and the side door is locked and dead bolted.
The Van Buren County Sheriff Dept has been here, and I reported theft. Both trailer and car have now been reported stolen and would be entered into state and national database. Any officer should now be able to see them as STOLEN VINs.
If you have any information or see this trailer, please contact me or police department immediately, as time is of the essence!!
It has been less than 36 hours and the thief or thieves maybe still driving or visible to the area!!
Tire tracks indicate it originally left property heading South on CR 652. Can access nearest towns of Lawton, Schoolcraft, Three Rivers or Marcellus or can head to US131 South that direction. But that could be temporary.
$$ Significant REWARD will be offered for information leading to recovery of my property!!
View attachment 66064

+5

80 Comments
1.9K Shares
Man that sucks ! I hate a thief I hope you get it back in the condition it was in when taken.

What a drag! I doubt anyone would bring a car up to Upstate NY, but I will be on the lookout (also). I hope it is recovered, undamaged of course. I hate thievery!

View attachment 66064
I hate thieves ! A theft involving this value should have a minimum sentence of 25 years no parole.

+5

80 Comments
1.9K Shares

Man that sucks! I feel your pain.!Years ago I had my 90 LX 5.0 convertible stolen off a dealer’s lot. Right after I did a ton of upgrades on it. Hope you find it. Car thieves should be shot.

Back