Buck Tag Decoding and Info

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where's your Buck Tag located?

• 71 Drivers Side

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 71 Passenger's Side

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • 72 Drivers Side

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • 72 Passenger's Side

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 73 Drivers Side

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • 73 Passenger's Side

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
On most other cars the buck tag is riveted or bolted cleanly to its place with two or four fasteners. Normally it is mounted to a flat, solid surface at a visible place.

On our cars it can be seen hastily pinned to the radiator support with only one sheetmetal screw to the right or left side of the radiator support. I guess many of them were lost due to this flimsy attachment.

Does anyone have a buck tag that was mounted solidly by the factory?

Michael

On most other cars the buck tag is riveted or bolted cleanly to its place with two or four fasteners. Normally it is mounted to a flat, solid surface at a visible place.

On our cars it can be seen hastily pinned to the radiator support with only one sheetmetal screw to the right or left side of the radiator support. I guess many of them were lost due to this flimsy attachment.

Does anyone have a buck tag that was mounted solidly by the factory?

Michael
Mine was just the single screw.

On our 76 Gran Torino Starsky and Hutch car it is one screw method as well on the passenger side cowl.

Is there any way to edit the post for those that have more than one car to vote mulitple times? Dad found the buck tags on the 73's thanks to c9zx's photo so I have two votes for each side. Both of the Bosses have it on passenger side both 73 Mach's driver's side.

Is there any way to edit the post for those that have more than one car to vote mulitple times? Dad found the buck tags on the 73's thanks to c9zx's photo so I have two votes for each side. Both of the Bosses have it on passenger side both 73 Mach's driver's side.
Just go with 6 choice above on the poll

left side

right side

left side

right side

left side

right side

I tried full edit. How do I edit the poll itself?

Thanks but I still do not see the edit option for the poll maybe it is a moderator only function.

Oppsss..i messed up and it let me vote for both! lmao...My 1973 mach 1..has the original tag on the drivers side..with one screw..and its factory...It hasnt been moved sence the day it was put on...atleast that is what my freind the restore guy told me...he said original screw and he can tell its never been tampered with or moved.

Don't see edit under poll

1zvcoee.jpg

Hi guys,

Appreciate some help with this...

Line 1 VIN, 76D (Convertible), 06D (HELP), 010 (HELP)

Line 2 6F (Gold Glow), AC (Air Conditoning), PB (Power Brakes), CA (Black Knit Vinyl)

Line 3 AM (AM/FM Radio), CS (HELP, maybe Competition Suspension or Collapsible Spare), EC (HELP, maybe Emission Control), CHR (HELP, maybe chrome wheels/magnums or Chrome Exterior mirror)

Line 4 BO (HELP, maybe body side tape stripe or Black Out), DE (HELP, Dual Exhaust, maybe Decor option)

16arwqg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup..my old thread...Soooo i'm wondering... Jeffs car is very close to mine in options, including dual sport mirrors, why are our codes so much dif? shouldnt a lot of our codes match? Besides the white top he has every option mine does i think..unless some interior was dif?

I thought don nailed some of mine on the head..But some are wrong...ADX code and such, i did not have a black interior..lol

Or is this not the buck tag on your car jeff? i guess it could be off any stang you tring to decode..lol

bucktagpic.jpg

Or is this not the buck tag on your car jeff? i guess it could be off any stang you tring to decode..lol
Hi Mike....different car you OLD GEEZER.

lmao;) I'm just over the hill, and ready to roll!

I still got quite a few mystery codes on that thing my self..lol

Whew!

That explains his comment about the racing mirrors! I was getting ready to jump in with both feet!!! :) But to his defense , we are all used to hearing about your Mach 1 and associating you with that car.

Ray

Whew!

That explains his comment about the racing mirrors! I was getting ready to jump in with both feet!!! :) But to his defense , we are all used to hearing about your Mach 1 and associating you with that car.

Ray

Yup, i jumped the gun and just thought he was talking about his car lmao which really made me go..huh? ;)

Back