BUILD: 1971 Mach-1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mopar boxes just used to hold the good stuff off the floor LOL. Welcome from Chesapeake, VA Good Luck!

Great to see another rough car been brought back and not sent to the crusher. Well done ::goodjob::

All the best with your project, and keep the pic's comeing..

Mopar boxes just used to hold the good stuff off the floor LOL. Welcome from Chesapeake, VA Good Luck!
Yeah Yeah... That's it... Mopar boxes to protect the good stuff! :D

It was difficult to see in the previous photo… But the front bumper has some cracking and a few dings. A local neighborhood third-generation auto-body guy who is familiar with urethane repair… Restored mine… Told I’ll need “flex” added to the paint when sprayed. Then the frame was blasted and sprayed with epoxy-paint. Now if I only had something to connect it to! :p

IMG_39132_zps6d8af6b5.jpg

N.O.S. ='s Never (installed) On Steel :p

Although I'm new to this forum... I’ve completed two other full restorations. Therefore I am aware of what questions to ask before a purchase. But thanks for the observation! ::thumb:: I received them today... They inspect perfectly! :)

NOS mirrors would not be painted

They would be primer

Although I'm new to this forum... I’ve completed two other full restorations. Therefore I am aware of what questions to ask before a purchase. But thanks for the observation! ::thumb:: I received them today... They inspect perfectly! :)

They would be primer
Where did you find the RH mirror?

I’d like to tell you that took a lot of effort… But I simply purchased it on eBay.

They would be primer
Where did you find the RH mirror?

After a “brief” hiatus… :jawdrop: I have re-focused on this project. So… Here I go!

::new:: Again!

Copy_png10152016_0001_edited.jpg

Last edited:
I've been trolling the internet and read some opinions... But anyone know if this bright(chrome-like) side-trim was standard or optional on specific models?

Presentation1_zpsxyd4bcxc.png

Confirmation or correction on my observations of the below...

1) Wheel-well trim: After-market?

2) Front-bumper: Chrome not standard on a Mach-1... But factory/optional on a Boss?

3) Side-decals: Factory-default? Delete-able?

4) Side bright-trim: Choice of this or side decals?

5) Side bright-trim and Decals available factory?

2222.jpg

Last edited:

2) Front-bumper: Chrome not standard on a Mach-1... But factory/optional on a Boss?

Im no expert and im sure some other will chime in and correct me if im wrong but I will give it a try.

1. No, you could get wheel trim from factory.

2. Correct. No chrome bumper on Mach 1 but standard on Boss.

3. You could get mach 1 with or without side stripes.

4. Yes, I believe it was one or the other but not both.

5. No. Not together in a package.

Others on here will know way more than me, but I think this is right.

The car in the pic looks like it was a standard mach 1 with bright molding and someone along the way added the stripes and swapped out the front bumper.

Im no expert and im sure some other will chime in and correct me if im wrong but I will give it a try.

1. No, you could get wheel trim from factory.

2. Correct. No chrome bumper on Mach 1 but standard on Boss.

3. You could get mach 1 with or without side stripes.

4. Yes, I believe it was one or the other but not both.

5. No. Not together in a package.

Others on here will know way more than me, but I think this is right.

The car in the pic looks like it was a standard mach 1 with bright molding and someone along the way added the stripes and swapped out the front bumper.
Very helpful... Thanks!

So...

- No chrome front-bumper

- I didn't want to consider wheel-well trim if it was after-market... Will ponder using these

- After studying many photos... I'm kind-of liking the side-stripes and bright-trim

Still a thought-process in progress!

Last edited:
As far as the project-plan... I don't have the facilities to do the work. The shop is remote and don't have any progress pictures. Although I will be taking a trip to visit in the next few weeks.

What's at the shop:

1) Re-built engine ~ Bored and balanced

2) Re-built transmission

3) Frame-off reassemble ~ Blasted and coated

4) Floor and trunk pans installed (replacement parts)

5) Full rear quarter-panels and wheel-tubs installed (replacement parts) ~ Primed

6) Front quarter-panels and doors ~ Primed (not installed)

7) New rear springs and air-shocks

I also have an OEM restored front bumper cover ~ Primed

COMPLETED:

Rear quarter-panels

Wheel-well tubs

Floor-pans

Trunk-floor

Firewall

Tail-lamp panel

Drivers Close.JPG

Passengers Close.JPG

FireWall.JPG