Building a 2v?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin71coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe
Red with vinyl top
Hello everyone,

So I have a 351c 2v in my '71 with a C4 transmission. The engine has about 120k miles on it. I want to start building the engine for street use and maybe some drag every once and a while. The engine is currently stock and I have a 2 1/2 dual exhaust system so far. The big question is... will it be worth it to start working on my current engine or should I seek another engine to build. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

So I have a 351c 2v in my '71 with a C4 transmission. The engine has about 120k miles on it. I want to start building the engine for street use and maybe some drag every once and a while. The engine is currently stock and I have a 2 1/2 dual exhaust system so far. The big question is... will it be worth it to start working on my current engine or should I seek another engine to build. Thank you.
If you wish to keep the down time of your current ride to a minimum, then seeking another good core engine to rebuild is the way to go. If this isn't a concern then you would have to tear down your current engine and asses its condition to determine its suitability for rebuild. If it hasn't been rebuilt before chances are good that the short block will be good for rebuilding.

Back