351c 2v 4 bbl intake options

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running a 2V Weiand X-cellerator intake with an Edelbrock 4150 throttle body and a 1" spacer between the throttle body and the air cleaner with aftermarket NACA air cleaner and active plenum and my seal is just right. I recall after ordering the intake that it was just a smidge higher than stock, sorry can't recall the exact deck heights front and back.
If you are just starting your build ensure you plan everything out in advance so that each upgrade will fit the final version of where you want to be. All of these intakes are reasonably close in performance but if you are looking for the best street performance I would start with the shortest dual plane intake, especially since you are thinking of rebuilding your 2V heads (which I would personally recommend you stay away from). The aftermarket 2V heads can be found with a closed chamber instead of the open chamber 2V heads our cars come with. A good porter can push 450 hp out of 2V heads but you always run into issues with detonation due to the open chamber and you end up spending so much replacing valves, lifter, etc... that you should consider a complete new 2V set of aluminum heads if you are looking for the most out of your 2V set-up.
I hit 440 hp @ 6000 rpm with this intake on the Dyno using Edelbrock 61629 2V heads without any port work on the heads or the intake manifold, so the potential is there for the 2V set-ups.

I would to the rom air gap as they have better runners and the plenum has the slot milled to help get the best of both open plenum and dual plane.

The slot also helps with throttle body injection fuel flow without fuel dropping out of suspension.

Also if you do any engine work in the future you will already have the better manifold

I am running a 2V Weiand X-cellerator intake with an Edelbrock 4150 throttle body and a 1" spacer between the throttle body and the air cleaner with aftermarket NACA air cleaner and active plenum and my seal is just right. I recall after ordering the intake that it was just a smidge higher than stock, sorry can't recall the exact deck heights front and back.
If you are just starting your build ensure you plan everything out in advance so that each upgrade will fit the final version of where you want to be. All of these intakes are reasonably close in performance but if you are looking for the best street performance I would start with the shortest dual plane intake, especially since you are thinking of rebuilding your 2V heads (which I would personally recommend you stay away from). The aftermarket 2V heads can be found with a closed chamber instead of the open chamber 2V heads our cars come with. A good porter can push 450 hp out of 2V heads but you always run into issues with detonation due to the open chamber and you end up spending so much replacing valves, lifter, etc... that you should consider a complete new 2V set of aluminum heads if you are looking for the most out of your 2V set-up.
I hit 440 hp @ 6000 rpm with this intake on the Dyno using Edelbrock 61629 2V heads without any port work on the heads or the intake manifold, so the potential is there for the 2V set-ups.
Not planning on rebuilding the 2v heads, just might get them cleaned up. Not planning on changing any valve train. Gonna keep the engine barebones stock, maybe a rebuild kit, then a year or so I’ll 408 it or something and get new heads. Appreciate the info though.

Sort of an off topic question but are D1AE-CB stock heads for a 71 or 72. Don’t have the block at my house yet so I can decode that. Just figured I should check, thanks.

There's an edelbrock performer for 2v heads for sale in the cleveland's forever group on facebook. The guy is asking $100....I tried to post up the link, but I got a strange error message. If you pursue this, be sure you're confident it's not a scam.

1712775229416.png

There's an edelbrock performer for 2v heads for sale in the cleveland's forever group on facebook. The guy is asking $100....I tried to post up the link, but I got a strange error message. If you pursue this, be sure you're confident it's not a scam.

View attachment 87644
Appreciate it, i think most of the stuff we will buy will be new. Mom wants a car and she’s opening the check book so I ain’t complaining. Thanks.

Thanks for all the info on the heads, grabbing the block this weekend to see what kinda engine they swapped the blown m code with.

So, what I'm seeing here, is that everyone has had to toss their factory "ram air" air filter assembly, regardless of model of aftermarket intake, because all of them are too high to close the hood over.
Nope - I have a Performer 351C-2V Dual Plane with factory Ram Air.

Latest posts

Back