C6 transmission

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endroman

Reaction score
I am going to get my transmission rebuilt on my 1971 Mustang Mach 1 that has a 351 Cleveland with C6 transmission. Would any of you recommend putting a stall in this or leave torque converter in? I have an older pickup that was my high school car and the stall made it sound even better. The car is mainly used just to cruise around no drag racing. Any other recommendations on replacing anything else while I have this tore apart? Thanks for the advice!

I am going to get my transmission rebuilt on my 1971 Mustang Mach 1 that has a 351 Cleveland with C6 transmission. Would any of you recommend putting a stall in this or leave torque converter in? I have an older pickup that was my high school car and the stall made it sound even better. The car is mainly used just to cruise around no drag racing. Any other recommendations on replacing anything else while I have this tore apart? Thanks for the advice!
You need to match your torque converter stall speed to the cam and powerband of your engine.

Read here: http://www.converter.com/faqs.htm#stall_speed

Back