can you help me id a few things?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tommy and Mark make a valid point, in retrospect.

Even if you believe the Mustang is running pretty well, you really do not have a point of reference since it is a relatively recent acquisition.

GREAT point, Tommy!

BT

Makes sense it should be corrected.. Looking under the hood it is going to be a project for me. Any reference documents you should suggest as I plan out this repair. Keep in mind thus far the most complex thing I have done is change the oil :).. yea I am a newbie...

Makes sense it should be corrected.. Looking under the hood it is going to be a project for me. Any reference documents you should suggest as I plan out this repair. Keep in mind thus far the most complex thing I have done is change the oil :).. yea I am a newbie...
ooohh Yes..you will never know what you will find when you open the motor...I hope to god the people who built your motor didnt put on that manifold ;)

I opened the motor in my mustang i owned for 15 years didnt give me much trouble..but started runing a bit ruff...and guess what i find inside? A rag!! under the manifold...Some one 20ish odd years ago..left a rag in there over the motor too keep dust out and forgot it in the motor when they put it back together!!...Lol...But long as it didnt plug up all the oiling holes it was fine..But it did ruin my cam .. after long time..Took 15 years for that rag to effect it..lol.

First time i put the new manifold on..It leaked..even know i put the gaskets on right...Second time i was a little more generous with the dreaded silicone..and woot!! worked like a champ.

Back