Car Barn interior design ideas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the layout of your property has you crossing dirt to get to your shop consider including at least a 20' concrete approach apron. It's very handy to be able to hose off mud outside before driving into the shop.
Excellent point! ::thumb::

Also, put some kind of pad/porch outside of each of the 'man doors,' same reason. No need to track stuff in if ya don't need to.

Here's what i would do Ron:p

(Now where did i put my spray booth?)

40-car-garage-for-sale-house-included_100349158_m.jpg40-car-garage-for-sale-house-included_100349159_m.jpg40-car-garage-for-sale-house-included_100349160_m.jpg40-car-garage-for-sale-house-included_100349161_m.jpg

Looks like this cat is into a little bit of woodwork as well as metal work!:p

BTW -- That's a cool $4 mill setup!

Link .............

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1059667_got-a-spare-4-million-buy-a-40-car-garage-plus-house-in-temecula-california

Seriously though Ron, here's a link to some good ideas for you ..................

https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=920&q=home+workshop+layouts&oq=home+workshop+layouts&gs_l=img.1.0.0.2070.14786.0.16404.21.13.0.8.1.0.240.2535.0j11j2.13.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.61.img..8.13.2354.-Sn8_U3Z1bs

Greg.:)

Thanks Austin, the $4mil shop might work for me, but maybe not so much for the wife. Oh well. The link to the other good ideas is exactly that, a bunch of good ideas. Thanks.

And Luke, regarding strippers getting oil and glitter on your chop, I think Chopper Reid might have some words of advice for you. "Harden...." Oh, never mind. ;)

Thanks Austin, the $4mil shop might work for me, but maybe not so much for the wife. Oh well. The link to the other good ideas is exactly that, a bunch of good ideas. Thanks.

And Luke, regarding strippers getting oil and glitter on your chop, I think Chopper Reid might have some words of advice for you. "Harden...." Oh, never mind. ;)
:D fair call like I said she had to come back 6 times now if that doesn't demonstrates weakness nothing does lol. Funny you should mention Uncle Chop Chop in his 3rd novel there is a few named mentions of us as crazy boys that knew how to party and a little bit too dangerous to mess with, Far from glorious but a funny true anecdote.

Good luck with the shed dude cant wait to see the final result.

I'd say you should have at least a 100 amp panel. Also running at least 3/4" EMT conduit around the shop to 4" square boxes will give you flexibility later to pull in additional circuits. You never know what sort of cool equipment you may get in the future or where you will put it. I also suggest at least 1 watt of fluorescent lighting per square foot (1.25 is better). Lighting layout is also important. You should have lights around the perimeter, consider putting them 2' from the wall. The rest should be equally spaced. Also consider running pex airlines for shop air. If plumbing is in the budget a half bath is great. A shop sink and a urinal makes it even better. I always thought if I had a clean room I'd make it out of welding or refrigeration curtains so that I could move it around if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back