Car wont start

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of my agony was the garage replaced my coil with an external resistor coil and added a resistor, which didn't make any difference. The garage also replaced the plugs even though they had less then 500 miles on them, the coil had about 700 before he replaced it. They went from coil, to plugs to rebuild carb, then I took it to my garage. It was my condenser that fixed it.

Part of my agony was the garage replaced my coil with an external resistor coil and added a resistor, which didn't make any difference. The garage also replaced the plugs even though they had less then 500 miles on them, the coil had about 700 before he replaced it. They went from coil, to plugs to rebuild carb, then I took it to my garage. It was my condenser that fixed it.
I feel for ya. This is one of the reasons I try to avoid letting other folks work on my car. Part of the problem is modern mechanics just don't know how to work on the old stuff. There is a speed shop in town that I am going to one day take my car to. They have a dyno and folks who know how to tune older cars. You can get them to set your car up pretty good.

Back