Center Console Map Light

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machlovin

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Is the center console map light supposed to turn on when the doors open? I need to instal mine, however it seems that I am missing that part of the wiring harness. So what I was going to do is just hook it up to a constant power source, however I've seen pictures online where people have their doors open and the map light is on...

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

It appears to have been added to mine, however, it does illuminate when the doors open, plus the manual switch.

IMG_16191.jpg

It appears to have been added to mine, however, it does illuminate when the doors open, plus the manual switch.

IMG_16191.jpg
Great, thanks. I will have to figure out the wiring which shouldn't be an issue. I bought some footwell lights as well which I will be adding. Should look great when the doors are opened.

when I added mine last year, I had to add wireing for it,

I found that a Trailer Plug matches the Factory map light harmess, it used 3 out of the 4 pins.

and yes, its Ground, constant 12v, and door switched 12v.

i spent good money on the light and cover but cannot find the plug behind the center console. did the factory put the light plug connector in every car, or do i have to splice into the harness somewhere? and where do i get a glove compartment switch light??

the wirering is not there if your car didn't come with the Conviniance package (map light, glove box light, trunk light, under hood light)

you will have to add the wirering.

and what I found was the Trailer 4 pin flat harness, has is the same as the Map light plug.

I used 3 out of the 4 wires, Ground, 12v switched from the door switch wireing, and 12v constant power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back