Center console

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I have the console fixed now regarding the ugly holes. But do anyone now where I can buy a cap for the console in ginger color. Black is all I can find.
Black is all they make you will need to paint it Ginger. NPD had the correct paint. I would have to get the number off a can. There are three different shades of Ginger used in the car I think.

Daniel Carpenter makes them and they are a perfect match inside and out. I have used 4 or 5 of them no issues.
Do you have the number off a can?

Hi I have the console fixed now regarding the ugly holes. But do anyone now where I can buy a cap for the console in ginger color. Black is all I can find.
Black is all they make you will need to paint it Ginger. NPD had the correct paint. I would have to get the number off a can. There are three different shades of Ginger used in the car I think.

Daniel Carpenter makes them and they are a perfect match inside and out. I have used 4 or 5 of them no issues.
Do you have the number off a can?
On my 73 convertible, the Ginger interior has multiple colors depending on the part. For example, the Kick panels, steering column, metal dash, A-pillar molding are dark ginger, the rear quarters and front seat back panels are lighter to match the ginger vinyl. The center console is medium or dark ginger. From what I have seen, verts sun visors are dark ginger, whereas a fastback/coupe had lighter colored visors. I made the mistake of buying a set of visors from a coupe only to learn they were lighter than my verts originals.

I used the interior paint from NPD on the medium and dark ginger parts, but I was never able to match the lighter ginger on the rear quarter and seat back panels with an off the shelf rattle can. None of them looked correct against the seat vinyl and door panels. Not sure if the color variations changed from year to year, I doubt it.

I took the picture below before I painted the interior parts. The exception is the center console had been repainted and is not the original finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back