Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best thing I can say about the wheels is at least they're not the ones with the fake white sidewalls built into the rim.
I know, right? Those are just weird. Not to mention I think wide white-walls would look absolutely hideous on these cars.

I'm a huge Chip Foose fan but I got to say I don't like the Mach Foose at all! While the workmanship is very good I think he totally missed the mark with the design. On the other hand, the approach the Ring Brothers took with a "musclecar" was dead on, and would have gone so well with a 1971-73 fastback. Guess I was hopeful Chip would accentuate the muscle in the design of our year cars. Guess what was most disappointing was his remark about the owner wanting to use a 1971 Mustang.

Last edited by a moderator:
[the approach the Ring Brothers took with a "musclecar" was dead on, and would have gone so well with a 1971-73 fastback]

I was not short on critics on the mach (after all, the guy dared touch our beloved car line!),

but the final piece is classy, balanced and elegant.

The way the Ring Brothers took the javelin is near criminal to me.

Reminds me the cheap mods done on asian cars over here in the 80's. Really bad.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. While the RB Javelin might be a little over the top, they made the car look better IMO, and at first glance it grabs your attention and keeps it. I can't say I feel the same about Mach Foose. Line those two up side by side and the Javelin gets the trophy to me. The Javelin is not perfect or subtle but the Mach looks tame and mild in comparison. Not what I want or expected in a musclecar named 'Mach 1'!

I have to agree with you mean machine. I’m hoping I get it right on my build cause there is s fine line between improving and missing the mark. We are a tough crowd when it comes to 71-3. I’d hate to disappoint but I figure as long as I’m proud to be seen in it I’m alright because it won’t leave my shop till I am.

51b1c4e4624de9d56b47ced7cebac842.png
fcd40c4a95af77324263df100b5284e1.png
9635f29157f39cc4a96145542ec827af.png
1592e6975c3a39222c0c9738f450e58a.png
2b1694856b3b3b32db7b8ca6436fd95a.png
540de578ad816454c647af6479a138b2.png
cd260e5b01c8ecfd8f8deda7562ef12c.png
380ee79bfae99482e3b6c0d34618db3c.png
c304bc6836522206c46d22d06b69b6da.png
49aa7c2df510a31f7598aa9077bf02e0.png

Foose posted some new pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it a lot I have to admit. Love the way the cowl vents are gone. Also like how the front of the hood doesn't have that strip anymore. The size of the wheels suits the car, just not a fan of the wheels themselves. Even like the new door handles. Oh, and the hockeystick is aligned to the car's profile at the front which accentuates the car's body style.

I think he totally took the car into the 21st century.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. Long time. Been busy with life but unfortunately not much time for the build. I have to say. I absolutely love that engine bay. Also the glass the grills the bumpers the side mirrors and the craftsmanship. Some things I’m not crazy about but no need to mention. But I cannot stand that stripe going through the wheel flares like that. All they need is to be taped up a couple of inches back and resprayed so they stop AT the flare and not OVER the flare. It’s amazing to me how much I’m letting that little detail bother me enough that I can’t look at the car. I can’t understand the reason behind that decision. It doesn’t even hit the front and rear flare with the same proportions. If adding a stripe or decal is supposed to accentuate the muscular lines this isn’t helping.

I have to agree with your comments about the hockey stripes.  I also like the flush windows, no drip-rails, and I even like the mirrors and how they tucked in the bumpers.  The use of the '70 quarter panels was cool, where they start at the doors and up to the point they wrap around the wheel-well openings.

But I pretty much don't care for everything else.  The Camaro taillights, modern door handles, '70 quarter panel ends where they meet the taillight panel, extended wheelbase, and... those wheels... just absolutely suck and everything looks out of place.

It reminds me of this analogy:  If the original '71-'73 Mach 1 (sportsroof, etc.) was made by Hot Wheels or Matchbox, the Foose car would be a cheap ERTL, Corgi, or Chinese knock-off 'wanna-be' copy of said Hot Wheels or Matchbox car.  You guys played with 1/64th cars when you were kids and you know which ones were the good ones... so you know what I'm talking about.

Lol. Great analogy. Those cars bothered me too.

Back