Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that was all the additional pics you guys asked for. I have about 1.5 hrs until the show opens so if you need anything else let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Mark. I have never seen his work that close. Thank you. Firstly I had no idea there was a spoiler on the car LOL. Very subtle. Secondly that grill surround, very nice in th center but the flat area around the head lights is surprisingly bla. It has no detail whatsoever. No contours that would resemble a bezel of some kind. Looks unfinished to me. These are things your never going to pick up on a tv show because the camera’ s always moving. Not a stab at Foose. Just some cool in-site.

[ but the flat area around the head lights is surprisingly bla.]

yeah, that's why I wanted have a closer look. Some weird pixels on first detailed picts I couldn't place.

The grille looks ok from distance, when light shine on top, creating a dark region that kinda hide the hood hinges.

I agree, its not really looking finished. I think he might have regretted he cut the car 2 inch too much and too early when he realized the hinges would come out like horns on top of the lights :)

All with all, critic is easy. (ok one more time: I dislike a lot the interior that ruins the exterior, hate the door handles and the wheels)

But from a distance, I like the line, even if its not a 71 line at all. In fact the line is kinda the missing link Ford should have done back in 70' 1/2.

Another nice piece added to Chip's portfolio and as many have said, its good for the 7123 PR.

Congrats to his crew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good eye Fabris. I’m not looking forward to having mine cut up when it’s done but you can’t please everyone so at least please yourself. LOL. I sound like Phill Dunfee on modern family. The Mustang Monthly article was posted on line last year or two and quite a few people ripped into my ideas. The criticism that fits I can learn from. The ones that don’t fit I file away.

Last picture as it was leaving

c2417ef01af819ca26351e7dae05653f.jpg

I can’t help but think the hood stripes should be just a hair wider to sit on the hood line.

Overall great looking Car well beyond anything I could do. I hope It got the attention the brands were searching for.

My opinion:

Pros:

• Flush glass
  • Shaved drip rails
  • Front Valance
  • Rear Valance
  • Bumper tucks
  • Front grille
  • Modern Mustang driveline (might as well have gone Coyote, though)
  • Upside-down filler cap (come on, Man - flip it back over)
  • Colors

Cons:

• Tail lights
  • Door handles (although, they don't suck as bad as they looked when unpainted)
  • Modern interior
  • Wheels
  • Stripes
  • '70 quarter panels
  • Rear quarter extensions
  • Modern mirrors
  • Attempt to make it look like an older Camaro/Mustang bastard child

I'm still on the fence about the hood opening backwards.

All-in-all, outstanding work... but it still looks like a deformed Hot Wheels car to me.

One of my friends noticed that the scoops on the hood are not even. This picture doesnt show it well, but the front edge of the left side scoop is about 1/2" shorter [edit].

20171102_173709.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quality work, someone's rendition, I insist it does NOT look like the concept drawings so someone dropped the Ball. The back is the worst part. That's all I have to say.

Quality work, someone's rendition, I insist it does NOT look like the concept drawings so someone dropped the Ball. The back is the worst part. That's all I have to say.
Ya I’d say there have been some real changes. Funny. I was going rear spoiler and changed it too. Going with no wing myself. I guess it evolves along the way. He doesn’t usually go that far off

the rear of the car behind the tire looks like two different cars.

The rendering has a MUCH better stripe. It also has more squared off flares and a rounder, lower behind.

the rear of the car behind the tire looks like two different cars.
Well, yeah! It's because he was secretly wanting it to turn into a '69-'70 with Camaro taillights. :whistling:

Too soon? rofl

Chip Foose is a great custom builder and has great ideas. The Mustang MACH FOOSE is awesome and is a work of art. Chip works hard on his project too. I would love to have a MACH FOOSE only if I could work on it along with him! Mine would have a big block, more of an original interior, gotta have 15'' wide tires rear and 12' front autocross style. to each his own. Peace out.

All in all I not hating the look from 20 feet. From there you can't see the interior, or the pin stripe. And the door handles and mirrors aren't as noticeable. Its the wheels that remind me of the Chrysler star logo that I'm hung up on. Other than that its pretty cool!

The wheels pretty much look like the '68 Shelby wheels. Yet one more thing he swiped from earlier model years.

1968_00042_06.jpg

I guess he called that in as well, rather than come up with something new.

I'm sorry guys - yes, the man is talented and his work is top-notch... but I still wouldn't let him touch anything of mine. Come to think of it, nor would I allow anybody else, either... Kindig It, Count's Customs, Ass Monkey, etc., because I have my own ideas and that's what I want... not someone else's.

Over all I like what he has done. I would do a few changes to the car myself but just because I would like the changes, does not mean someone else would. When you look at the car, Chip and the builders took a 71 body and grafted it onto a 2010 Mustang chassis. It took a lot of work and a lot of trial and error. In the end it is a 2010 mustang with a 71 body on it. It was a huge job and I see it is a popular one by reading Classic Mustang Magazines. I think he did a great job as I am all about mixing new with old.

I think the rims looks odd (to me anyway) because there is no dish to them. They are flat against the tire on the sidewall. I'm not a fan of the door handles or the Camaro taillights. But as stated before glad he's brought more attention to how cool the 7173s are.

Back