Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stripe actually goes through front and back flares. It’s just the glare of the light that makes the front fenders look like it stops because it hits the flare differently, lower. I will never understand that stripe. As for the orange pin, your right it doesn’t make sense after clear but I’ve seen him have a person tape and hand stripe them in with lacquer, over the clear. I get what your saying about the mish-mash of years. I figure it would hold up to looking like a “71 at a glance” test. Even though it’s so heavily modified you wouldn’t mistaken it for anything else, until closer inspection.  I really don’t know what I was expecting the man to do with this build that was going to knock my socks off but I’m sure it never would’ve included grafting a modern car into the 71. I would have appreciated more one of his works of art on an actual 71 that brought out all of the cars strong suits like no one else could. Instead this is actually a 2015 mustang build that had a very cool “71” skin grafting done to it and end it there.
Well, I can honestly say my socks get more knocked off when I see more work being done on your project, than this one.   ::thumb::

Wow. Too kind sir. I’m gearing up to knock out the body this winter and with any luck off to paint before spring. Lofty but doable.

3c54cef53604fbce794c11275a15b46b.jpg
5ff9f122711850ecc26d6debe095b60a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to see this car today.  Any specific pictures you guys would like to see?
Outstanding!! As many as you can. Mostly body shots for me. Interiors don’t interest me much. Can’t wait. If your using your phone, standing farther back and zooming in gives a flatter image. If at all possible 20-30 ft. Less bulging and distortion of lines.

86217dd10433e6e4edb3c0aa51604f5c.jpg
3f283dd55cecd62918c0f27004791d83.jpg
dcc65d749e69dc7986874d98a3027352.jpg

03761fa2ea9504d16f60a8c47b8789cf.jpg
bf4fbed34225208b5550b93afc44e92e.jpg
fe01190e0b5296b72d1a9acf737e9f62.jpg
007e0d5a3a6f1016012ea7cc9e422f8f.jpg
a43ea1e4aab8673e4c8f2942bc3144bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Chip. Great looking car and a butt load of skill. Everything on the car is top notch as always but I can’t help seeing a 2015 build under there with an old school skin. It was his intention from the onset. Just not totally my thing. I really hope another CRAZY skilled hero of mine does a version of a 71-73 cause I’d like to see a few more takes on this beautiful body style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d probably change my tune if I saw the car in person. It really is beautiful. Still haven’t scratched SEMA off my bucket list. 2017 should have been the one. Oh well. Always next year.

You called it on the orange pin stripes.  ::thumb::

Why am I so lukewarm on this?  Maybe because it looks like a deformed Hot Wheels toy.  Or maybe one of those crappy Lindberg '71 Mach 1 model kits.

I'm sure it's stunning in person.

Wasn't able to get to it today so I will stop by before the show opens sometime this week and take lots of detailed pictures while the place is empty.
Looking forward to it

I don't like wheels either. But I really like the rest! It keeps all the major styling cues and the proportions are good.

Ok, it's not an original looking 71. But then... why should it be? It's a customized car based on a 71.

If I want original there's plenty of them out there.

This is really nice. I'd love to have it.

Plus it will inspire people to shift their attention at 123 Mustangs.

Guys who until now weren't interested out of old habits might look at these models differently and see their potential.

I can come up with a rationale for why most things were done on the car, even the several things I don't like (wheels, stripes, etc.), but those taillights just don't fit. The outside angle on them doesn't fit anything, and they are too narrow and did I say just don't fit.

The rear end looks like it is frowning.

He did a great job of tucking the front bumper in, too great in fact, now it looks buck toothed. He should have made a spoiler for it up front.

The work looks fantastic, the design overall came together better than expected. Butt :D it is still Butt ugly.

Nice paint job is about all I'm going to say that's positive. Of course, that's why he's showing it in the BASF booth.

Anyone want to wager that the car doesn't run? What happened to the dual exhaust in the center?

These guys need to take one on. If the Ring Brothers got their heads around it they’d hit it out of the park. Not to mention some trick pieces available both cosmetic and mechanical.

Back