Chris' Custom 'Vert Build Thread ( For Sale)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris,

I'm impressed with the time it took you to do all this! How long did it take total? Seems like it went really quick.

Ray
I had the same thoughts. Must have had a lot of help from your co-workers at the body shop. I'll say it again, looks great.

Chris,

I'm impressed with the time it took you to do all this! How long did it take total? Seems like it went really quick.

Ray
I had the same thoughts. Must have had a lot of help from your co-workers at the body shop. I'll say it again, looks great.
Thanks, I started at the beginning of fall and worked Monday and Friday for about 3 hours each day, and also fairly steady at home on weekends. I did have some help from co-workers and my dad, but I did most of it.

Oh and it was kind of foreshadowed in this thread, but the billet hinges I got aren't working. They sit about an inch and a half too high in the back and they grind on themselves. I will be sending them back to EMS to see if they can figure anything out, but I will probably just buy nice rebuilt factory hinges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

Excellent work. I have to ask, what color is that ? It's exactly what I am going for. I originally decided on going with the 2008 Atomic Orange Corvette color, but yours looks better.

Looks great Chris! Its nice to see how the very subtle changes you made to the body came together as a final product! I like the body color under the hood and in the engine bay, plus that stripe is killer, modern yet classy. How about some pics in the sun and the interior? :)

Thanks everybody. Got some outside pictures.

IMGP0548_zpsa74c1c4d.jpg

IMGP0559_zps6c637b2e.jpg

IMGP0561_zpsc1db6407.jpg

IMGP0560_zps0c47192d.jpg

IMGP0573_zps30424033.jpg

IMGP0544_zps10308d15.jpg

IMGP0550_zpse1da2a5a.jpg

Close up of the orange pearl I put in the black stripe.

IMGP0575_zpsb739f575.jpg

IMGP0552_zps71f46201.jpg

Flush mounted gas fill

IMGP0558_zps3492ab68.jpg

IMGP0541_zps38714c7e.jpg

IMGP0542_zps24d94921.jpg

This shows how the hinges are grinding.

IMGP0553_zps2272e9ad.jpg

IMGP0554_zps8f1df2e2.jpg

Chris did you darken the grill and around the head lights
Yes, I blacked out the standard grill.

Gotta fix those hinges...I have heard horror stories on those
Ya I'm gonna send them back and see if they can figure something out, but I will probably just get some nice rebuilt factory ones

It looks great. You have convinced me to get a few products from Eddie Motorsports. It is too bad the hood hinges don't work right, they sure do look nice.
Thanks. Their stuff sure looks good, but I haven't been very impressed with their customer service. I ordered all these parts three months ago and they sent the hinges and gas filler fairly quickly, but the two hinges had different parts on them. I figured out which was "right" and they sent me the new piece.

A few weeks ago I still had not received the cowl covers, so I gave them a call and they said they were too busy with other products, and they couldn't make mine until they were done with their more common products. I just received a call that they are done and on their way. I sure hope they fit...

To sum that all up I would be careful ordering from them. You need to have a lot of patience. The gas filler fits great though, it is a universal part... Haha.

Chris did you darken the grill and around the head lights
Yes, I blacked out the standard grill.

Gotta fix those hinges...I have heard horror stories on those
Ya I'm gonna send them back and see if they can figure something out, but I will probably just get some nice rebuilt factory ones

It looks great. You have convinced me to get a few products from Eddie Motorsports. It is too bad the hood hinges don't work right, they sure do look nice.
Thanks. Their stuff sure looks good, but I haven't been very impressed with their customer service. I ordered all these parts three months ago and they sent the hinges and gas filler fairly quickly, but the two hinges had different parts on them. I figured out which was "right" and they sent me the new piece.

A few weeks ago I still had not received the cowl covers, so I gave them a call and they said they were too busy with other products, and they couldn't make mine until they were done with their more common products. I just received a call that they are done and on their way. I sure hope they fit...

To sum that all up I would be careful ordering from them. You need to have a lot of patience. The gas filler fits great though, it is a universal part... Haha.
The gas filler is what I liked the most actually. I was also looking at the cowl vent covers.

The gas filler is what I liked the most actually. I was also looking at the cowl vent covers.
Ya I really like it. I bought the 2 inch style and used 45 degree rubber filler hose from napa to connect the new fill to the factory filler that I had to cut.

Poor picture quality, but you get the idea.

IMGP0580_zpsf9d65a3e.jpg

The cowl covers are comming this week so I'll give you an update when they arrive.

Thanks everybody!

Not to be a jerk but we tried to tell you those hinges don't work.:D
Haha. Ya Ya Ya. Sometimes you have to find out for yourself, you know? Not that I wouldn't believe you. I already ordered them before I posted them up so it was kinda too late. It's not a 100% that I wont be able to figure it out, just like 90%.

Thanks everybody!

Not to be a jerk but we tried to tell you those hinges don't work.:D
Haha. Ya Ya Ya. Sometimes you have to find out for yourself, you know? Not that I wouldn't believe you. I already ordered them before I posted them up so it was kinda too late. It's not a 100% that I wont be able to figure it out, just like 90%.
You never know till you try. It's a bummer they look great with your new paint.

Back