cigarette lighter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 915

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the cigarette lighter fuse and the horn fuse were located. It appears someone jacked my repair manual......

Oh, its a 71 coupe.

Last edited by a moderator:
When addressing fuse related issues always physically test the fuse or if its old just replace it anyways. Even if the element appears intact, the solder joint can (and often does) fail within the end cap.

Thanks guys! Guess I didn't see it in there when I was looking! That pic was a great help Mike.

Hey y'all, just got under the dash, the fuses there are labeled different than the ones in the picture, and all of them test good...... any other possible locations for this fuse?

Check with a voltmeter to see if you have voltage at the wire, maybe the ground wire to the lighter is bad

I have had problems on two occasions with lighting circuits that did not work but the fuses tested good. In both instances the clips that hold the fuse were slightly corroded. I cleaned the clips and it solved the problem.

Well, I don't use it for the lighter, I really do need to just get under the dash this weekend, since it will be in the 70s and fix it,.

Got it fixed.... even tho the fuse tested good, and there were other components that worked that were controlled by the same circuit, it ended up being a bad fuse......

Yeah, and so did the hazard lights, it was really weird... the horn didn't work either.

The reason I was asking is am bringing my car back to life and have hazards, headlights, the lighter works but have no horn or interior lights. The red horse lights up in the guage cluster when the brights are on:huh:

With the horn, it could be a bunch of different things, from the horn button, to the contact from the steering column to the steering wheel, to the horn itself. With the interior lights, are you talking about the dome light or the dash lights? I know my dash lights had a bit of corrosion where they contacted the circuit board, and also, my headlight switch was bad and didn't route power to that circuit

Oh, the red horse is your high beam indicator light

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks toolman, I am gaining on it. I pulled all of the fuses and cleaned the contact points and now have interior lights :=} tonight will clean the contacts for the guage cluster. Will update later.

Back