Cleveland oiling issues?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to clarify something about the oiling issue, or should I

say needs clarification. Are we talking about oiling issues

for a daily driver or a Cleveland banging fenders with a 429

at 7000 RPM all day on a NASCAR circuit?

mike
Any motor that your rebuilding having machine work done..Grocery getter included. If you look at the new ford boss 351c blocks from ford motorsport says right in the ad copy "revised priority oiling system passages" Humm wonder why ?

AFIK, the new "boss 351" blocks are windsor based... The new replacement cleveland buttmore/titus/arrow blocks are cleveland and priority main... I am 60% at just ponying up for one at this point. Do it once, and do it right.

Unless my friend gets off his ass and we rescue the CJ from his Dad's back yard.. If that block is usable, I will probably go that direction.

Wow great reading, learned a lot.. I have the book by Pat Ganahl, very informative. I am in the process of rebuilding my 71 351c 4v.

Just reading as much as possible to make the best decisions.

Thanks much.

I thankfully have never had a failure from a rod or main baring on my 351c's and always ran them hard. This is great info if I ever build another but can see taking mine back down over this as I maintain 65-70 psi hot since I went with a high vol. pump in all of my rebuilds.

Great info...

Latest posts

Back