Cleveland vs Windsor strokers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazsper

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Coupe: 393w, TKO-600, Maier Racing springs, Global West suspension, Currie 9in with forged axles, 3.50 gears, Trutrac, Baer brakes front/rear
1973 Mach-1: 351c 4V, C-6, 3.73:1 gears and a long "To Do" list..
I have a lot of experience with Windsors and Windsor based strokers. Now that I have my '73 Mach-1, I am making plans for an engine rebuild. I currently have a 393w in my '68 coupe with the following specs:

393w

10:1 compression

AFR-205 heads

232/240 @ .050 hyd/roller cam

Edelbrock Air Gap intake

Deamon carb 750cfm

If I were to stroke a 4v Cleveland with similiar specs (displacement, compression, cam, intake), should I expect at least similar results (hp/TQ) if not more?

I certainly don't intend to start a Windsor vs Cleveland debate. But the AFR heads are much better than even the Edelbrocks and I would assume the added displacement would work better with the 4v heads.

You misunderstand. Roy did a 408 Cleveland with AFR's he can tell you about anything you need to compare to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand. I just wanted to make sure everyone I wasn't trying to open a can of worms..

Back