Cloth inserts in seats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 fastback 351C 4spd gages
I am looking for new front and rear seat covers that has the cloth seat inserts. My cloth inserts could be sewn into new vinyl covers but would rather have all new covers as I would have the old inserts dry cleaned before having them sewn into new vinyl covers. The listing from suppliers show the vinyl covers only. I am trying to restore the 1971 fastback to somewhat original. Thx, Bill Kanode

I am looking for new front and rear seat covers that has the cloth seat inserts. My cloth inserts could be sewn into new vinyl covers but would rather have all new covers as I would have the old inserts dry cleaned before having them sewn into new vinyl covers. The listing from suppliers show the vinyl covers only. I am trying to restore the 1971 fastback to somewhat original. Thx, Bill Kanode
I think that I have located a supplier in Washington state called SMS who is supplying a sample soon before I order the covers. Thx, Bill

Many in the group (including myself) have used SMS. They did have bolts of true Comfortweave material if that is what you are trying to get. If you search comfortweave in the forum you should get many hits. One of them is a well written exchange on the loss of the manufacturer of comfortweave in late 72 due to a factory fire and the transition to the cloth interior in 73 model year. Best wishes on your search.

Back