• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Clutch fork, Z-Bar and Drive Shaft needed for my Top Loader

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

td71mach1

Slow down for a second and that's where you Finish
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1, 351 4v
I have acquired everything except the Z-Bar setup, Clutch Fork and Drive Shaft to install the Top Loader in my 71 Mach1.
I know they now reproduce the Z-Bar setup but I rather buy from a member if one is available.
Clutch fork is scarce as hens teeth, but it never hurts to ask.
FYI... This is a C6 back to original Top Loader conversion
Thanks for looking...Tony

Going Resto-Mod, Old school on the outside and go fast mods under the skin.
Like to do some autocross time and an occasional trip to National Trails Raceway.

Going Resto-Mod, Old school on the outside and go fast mods under the skin.
Like to do some autocross time and an occasional trip to National Trails Raceway.
I “upgraded “ to a AOD from a C6 when I had my 393c stroker built because the 4 speed top loader option was more expensive. After all the hell I’ve had with that AOD I’m going toploader anyway. I’m using a clutch cable system instead of the z-bar. I got an OEM Ford aluminum bell housing. I’ll have to have an aluminum tab welded to the bellhousing to support the end of the clutch cable. You might be able to get the driveshaft you need at CJ Pony. they have a variety of aluminum and steel shafts. Here is an OEM yoke that also might work for you.

63 64 65 - 73 NOS FORD 28 SPLINE SMALL BLOCK SIZE DRIVE SHAFT YOKE D2ZZ 4841 A | eBay

Hey Tony, did you ever find an original z-bar? If not, I have one that I reconditioned. Been blasted, painted with Cast Blast, rod holes filled in and redrilled. I'd sell it for $100 which about what I've got in it, plus shipping.

Attachments

• Z-bar.pdf
    323.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey Dawson, I did find a complete z-bar setup but thanks for the offer.
However, I do still need a clutch fork , if you happen to have one for sale.
It seems most of the after market ones are to short.

Back