Hydraulic Clutch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studdley

Reaction score
My Car
72 Grande 351c, 73 Mach Rust
I'm in the process of getting parts to do a three speed swap in my Mach 1, found a hydraulic clutch setup from Speedway and wasn't sure if a top loader calls for a pull or push slave cylinder. I figured it would matter because I can just flip the slave over to the other side of the fork, but never hurts to ask.

here's the link

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Hydraulic-Clutch-Pedal-Kit-Swing-Mount,57508.html?sku=91029989&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8Nv77Jip2gIVWDuBCh3wtQ3PEAYYAyABEgJ-A_D_BwE

The stock setup pushes the fork from the front, to release it. It uses an equalizer (Z) bar that the rod from the clutch pedal is connected to.

You'll need to make a bracket for whichever way you decide on. You'll need to take into account the clearances to the motor mount and possibly headers if you mount it in the front as a pusher. For a puller, the shift linkage will likely be your deciding factor. You'll need to know what the overall length of the slave cylinder is and after you get the bellhousing and transmission installed see where and how you can fit in the slave cylinder and bracket.

The stock setup pushes the fork from the front, to release it. It uses an equalizer (Z) bar that the rod from the clutch pedal is connected to.

You'll need to make a bracket for whichever way you decide on. You'll need to take into account the clearances to the motor mount and possibly headers if you mount it in the front as a pusher.  For a puller, the shift linkage will likely be your deciding factor. You'll need to know what the overall length of the slave cylinder is and after you get the bellhousing and transmission installed see where and how you can fit in the slave cylinder and bracket.
I'm sure making the bracket will be fun, thanks for the info

Back