Convert. Top Switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTGSTANG

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible red/white interior. Engine: 302 V8 w/air, upgraded Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Petronix, Holly 600cfm carb, power windows.
Funny story....the jackwagon who used to own the Mustang put a crappy universal connection for the convertible top switch. I wanted to reinstall the new original switch so I was in the process of putting the new butt fittings on the connector posts when I dropped the switch watching it slowly shatter at my feet. Although I may have said some choice words, I immediately went to NPD and ordered a new one. This was a $40 OOPS. I know this won't be the last, but one can hope!

You are not alone. I dropped an alternator on a concrete floor and that didn't end well either. Then I left my lug nut key in the lug nut and went for a test drive. I didn't realize what that sound was until days later when I went to remove a wheel and couldn't find the key.

Did I tell you about the time I ran over a brand new wheel and tire when I was trying to work on two vehicles at the same time and trashed both?

That one brought my neighbors out of their houses.

It happens to all of us.

jejeje... You´re right! all of us comit some of this crimes!!...

In this specific mustang for example... i sent the factory original alternator to change the bearings and clean the inside... It came back BEAUTIFUL!!! I reinstalled it with the best of the cares because even the bolts were refinished al clearcoated...

One thing let to another.. i connected it wrong and the second i started the car i hear a bloooof!... and there it was all smoky... I blew the alternator off and now im running with an argentinian horrible Delco one...

Back