Converting from regular to fold down rear seats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANK YOU for doing this first! I have all of the pieces and plan to do this as well, this will be my reference for sure!

Wow, it looks great! Hopefully the next update won't take quite as long... :D
Well Doc. I've always said God has a sense of humor and will only put on you what you can handle. I'm pretty sure everone heard how my 1 rotator cuff surgury back in January turned into 4 surgeries over the year. The plan was to finish this little project on Sunday. However, my appendix ruptured early Sunday morning and I just got home last night. On hold for another 4-6 weeks! :mad:

Wow that is so awesome work [WINKING FACE] But I just find it now.. Now that it is some years ago you did this work! But I am so glad I found this review! [OK HAND SIGN]😎[THUMBS UP SIGN] Well done you have my respect sir! [PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS]😎[THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

I was going to do this conversion a few years back and spent a lot of time and money gathering all the parts then once I was sure I had all the bits and pieces I started looking at everything I was going to cut out and then everything I would have to replace and decided it just wasn't worth all of the effort. I sold everything I had bought to another guy who had the same plan and was happy just to have gotten my $$$$ back. I can see from your post I was right it is a lot of effort and cutting. Good luck moving forward I can't wait to see the finished results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dug this out of the archives, blew the layers of dust off and went over everything you posted. I will be doing this upgrade very soon. Thanks for posting this tutorial  and the many  pics, it's a big help!

Like Jim (and Jutta) above, I had fleeting thoughts of perhaps converting our regular back seat in our 73 Mach 1 into a Fold Down seat, just because. Like Jim says, the thought is no longer there. I do not mind working at something if it is going to truly improve something. But, realistically I do not cart enough things, much less long things, around in the Mach 1 to justify the effort. And, since I do not need or plan to sell the Mach 1, the added value thinking is not an issue. I a going to leave well enough alone. That said, our 1969 Shelby GT500 does have the Fold Down rear seat, and it has been used a few times for a large, two-piece fiberglass King Cobra statue I set up as a prop at car shows. heh heh...

Attachments

• HiltonAppleFestCarShow2017_BrianSheaTheKingCobraSnakeCharmer_20170930.JPG
    HiltonAppleFestCarShow2017_BrianSheaTheKingCobraSnakeCharmer_20170930.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
Back