convt top switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 convertible with 351C and C6 trans
i looked here and didn't find any idea how to get the up/down top sw out of the back of panel. it's unscrewed but i con't get my fingers on it. took the side panel off=nothing. wondering if i need to remove the gage cluster now. if so it looks like the visible screws top/bottom remove and pull out ???? JCpony has them in stock but i want it out first.

with regards to the power top switch. the 4 slotted bezel. where do u get the tool to tighten it up. using needle nosed pliers. but holding the switch from the rear and turning the nuts is not fun.

I can't comment regarding '73 specific top switch removal, but I've had the switch in and out of my '72 several times recently. The lever had been broken off my original switch and I had a used one I'd picked up and had no issues getting it in and out. I used a pair of curved snap ring pliers that just happened to be the correct span to fit the spanner nut. The replacement switch had a minor issue with the detent that keeps it centered, so I had taken the switch apart and swapped in the original switch's spring and detent ball. I had no issues pulling and replacing the switch. I used the wiring to remove it and put it back in place.

Back