Custom grille 73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Thanks

I glued pieces of plastic to the original grille, and attached the new plastic net with screws. The sides are just glued together. Nothing fancy at all.

More updates later :)

Just a small update on te center dash console, all gauges in and working.

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

Nice work on the gauges. Normally not a fan of updating classic cars with modern components, but yours are so well done that it looks like Ford did it.

Thanks Guys :)

I used the Speedhut gauges, you can customize them. Change fonts, style, color etc.

http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/

The lambda is from Innovate, and the vacuum gauge is from glowshift. Later maybe Il change the glowshift to a speedhut.

Regards Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

The chrome trim, is getting painted. First I thought sanding down and filling the holes. But then I changed my mind to painting the trim. So its still on but painted. Next step is to find some blinkers and parking lights that will look good together. First I thought of using the the original blinkers, and just flip the 90 degrees. But I Think they are too big. The problem is that in Sweden the have to be Aproved, so I just cant put any kind of blinkers/parking lights. I Think Im going some Golf blinkers. Il be back with some pics later :)

What about blacking out the housings, and installing the originals back into roughly the same location... just behind the new grille?

Or, do they have to be visible even when 'off?'

Nice work on the gauges. Normally not a fan of updating classic cars with modern components, but yours are so well done that it looks like Ford did it.
+1 Great job on all your gauges and related lighting. They look excellent. I am more of a purist but for a custom look - nice job for sure. ::thumb::

Ray

They have to be visible, its regulations. Maybe some round blinkers.. I really dont know yet. Maybe Il try some photoshoping to see how it could look like.

Regards Rob

What about the parkinglights used on the 71-72? http://www.vp-autoparts.com/main.aspx?page=article&artno=D1ZZ-13201-A

Maybe they don't meet the regulations. I was thinking that they might fit were they were mounted on the 71-72? Sorry for the large picture...

1972-ford-mustang-mach-1-red-front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back