CVPI wheels on my 72 coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangrpunk72

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang coupe -exterior decor group
5.0 EFI conversion
explorer upper and lower intake
GT40 heads
Trickflow stage one cam
T-5 5 speed conversion
9in rear
coming soon rear disk brakes

99 Ford Ranger XLT
mostly stock but always down for whatever.
mounted up some cvpi wheels on my car and im pretty pleased how it looks. really makes me want to get a set widened to custom offsets and drop the car some more.

the fit is actually not bad but If I could I would space the rears and the fronts a tad bit more but that's what wheel widening is for

I think the rears are 255/60/ 16s and the the fronts are 225/50 / 16

My prayers have been answered! I have been months looking online for someone that has installed police interceptor wheels on a 71-73 Mustang and have come up short. I have a set that I've been wanting to install on my '71 as well, and haven't bought the tires yet out of fear that it'd be a waste of money if they don't look right. Until today, that is. Now I see they look pretty badass. Agreed that a bit of spacing is needed, but overall, they look great. Thanks for the post, and for removing all doubt about CVPI wheels on a Mustang. Unfortunately for you, though, you won't be the only one rolling around in police wheels haha. Cheers!

EDIT: Got side pics of the car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the front rims have spacers on them already, or do the photos above show them bolted directly with no further modifications?

-Kurt

ill try and get some < believe it or not I didn't think the fronts would clear cause I heard something about 16 inch wheels not clearing the front of mustangs. I had em on my 99 ranger for a bit and it looked cool but I got some stock chrome wheels for my truck I like so the vic wheels I deceded to throw em on my mustang for some fun. and I really like how it looks. im kinda obsessed with the madmax and the superstock look...

cudak888 I bolted em straight and checked for interence which there was none . I have factory disk, I would like to space the front out if I had the right spacer

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the feedback folks, if anybody decides to mount some up on their ride post up some photos

Back