Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that meant to be installed inside the car on the window frame, or what do you mean? :)
outside between the glass and the metal edge
Oooh of course! I just did'nt look close enought at the picture of it! But I dont think I will add one. My daily driver car dont have one like that.. :)

That looks excellent‼️ I was thinking the same thing. It really updates the car. I just wasn't sure if I was going to cut a larger piece of Lexan for the stock opening or do a similar job to yours and use the stock glass. I really like what your doing buddy. I think they call it Urethane here. Usually the window is tinted all the way around so you don't see any bubbles in the urethane but you can't tint the inside because that's where the glue needs to stick to the glass. So you would probably need to trim back the ledge that the glass sits on and load it up with glue to squeeze the bubbles out. I would put tape and paper on the glass and on the metal where you don't want Urethane glue and do your thing. Great job!!

That looks excellent‼️ I was thinking the same thing. It really updates the car. I just wasn't sure if I was going to cut a larger piece of Lexan for the stock opening or do a similar job to yours and use the stock glass. I really like what your doing buddy. I think they call it Urethane here. Usually the window is tinted all the way around so you don't see any bubbles in the urethane but you can't tint the inside because that's where the glue needs to stick to the glass. So you would probably need to trim back the ledge that the glass sits on and load it up with glue to squeeze the bubbles out. I would put tape and paper on the glass and on the metal where you don't want Urethane glue and do your thing. Great job!!
Great to hear that you like it my friend! Yeah I know it will be a problem with the glue that you can see it thru the glass and I have been thinking a lot about what to do here so you dont see it! Then it hit me, the Stampede Mustang that Gap Racing made have some sort of foil or what it is around the windshield so you can't see thru the glass around the edges! I will do it the same way, I just need to find a material that are good enought. It does not only hide the glue, it looks really cool too and looks like todays glass in cars.

I have attached a picture of that Mustang so you can see what it is I am thinking that I want to do :)

image.jpeg

Is that a frosted glass treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you mask off the underside of the glass leaving only the area where the urethane is going to be applied, use a spreadder/putty knife to coat with a thin layer of urethane making sure you see no bubbles through the glass, then lay down the regular bead and set the glass in?

Could you mask off the underside of the glass leaving only the area where the urethane is going to be applied, use a spreadder/putty knife to coat with a thin layer of urethane making sure you see no bubbles through the glass, then lay down the regular bead and set the glass in?
That was actually a very nice idea!! I think I will make a test and see how it looks, thanks for that, really nice idea! :)

Wow that car is nice. To me it looks like they painted the glass with the same paint as the stripe. I suppose if you can paint it you can wrap it with vinyl too. It looks too wide for my taste. I would go half that width and black but I guess it depends on what looks best for the car. I still think that if you tape up the glass (top and bottom) everywhere you don't want the glue and tape up the paint job where you don't want the glue, you can put more glue than you need so you can press out the bubbles and leave it like that. Maybe warm up the glue in the sun a bit before you use it. Once it's all pressed down you quickly remove the tape right into a garbage bag. It's how I caulk door systems against irregular stone. The tape lets you have more focus on what's important so you don't need to worry about your glass or painted surfaces getting dirty and it leaves you with a nice line. You may want to practice on a mock up piece of glass and work out your working time before it sets up too much.

Sounds like a very nice idea buddy! It's the right way to do it if I am doing it with the glue! But I just think it will be a little bit difficult with the tape that will be on the paint, I only have 5mm between the glass and frame to work on. I am afraid of that the tape will take the glue with it when I take it of. The best I think in my situation will be to wrap it with vinyl or paint it on the outside to be sure that nothing fails! I dont want to mesh up with the paint when I'm done with it :D

The new built 9" rearend and center section arrived today from a very nice and cool guy in Finland named Ville! He have made a lot of killer rearends and stroker engines and are having fun in the weekends with dragracing and roadrace, so he deffently know what he are doing! Finmach from this site got me in contact with this guy and I am so thankful for that!!!! :)

The rearend are built with new tubes and end, Yukon duragrip traction lok, Yukon HD aluminum case, 4,11 US gear and Quick Performance 31 splines axles, everything are new, really nice piece!!!! :) Should be capable of over 800hp.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back