Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got caught up at looking at your progress. Very impressive, I like the flush mount back glass. Looking good! Ryan.

Not any progress on my own car, but my dad was out of house with one of his friends, they went to a race in a town called Aarhus where they are driving in cars like Mustang, Corvette and other classic cars. So I wanted to make him happy and do something for him and make some progress on his car. So I painted his engine and I like the result and thought you might liked that I shared it with you :)

image.jpeg

I'm sure he must have loved that. It looks great buddy.

Got the new sheetmetal parts in yesterday for the rear quarter panel. I am happy for that they not are made in Taiwan or China, they are all made in Canada and the metal seems to have the right thickness and shape like the originals have, that's great!! I am replacing it because someone has done a very bad rust repair when it was in Oakland before it got shipped to Denmark. That person who made the rust repair has been using some sort of a big hammer and a insane madness because the metal has so many damages and the metal are not flush with the original metal. Instead it is welded on the outside of the original metal, so you will have to use a lot of filler just to make it look like something. I am deffently not interested in that, so new sheetmetal goes on! :D

image.jpeg

Ordered the brake system today together with subframeconnectors and a safetyloop, damn what a big bang in the budget :D

Right now I am preparing the car for the new rear quarter panel pieces, I found some more rust repair that went really wrong! The pieces there are on both sides of the trunkfloor has been repaired, but instead of cutting the old ones completely away, then the person who made it has attached on the outside of the old one with two or three spot weld and then fiberglass for the rest!!! I could'nt live with that, so I am making it as good as I can!

image.jpeg

Another thing I have been working on is the bottom of the rear window frame. My dad and I came to look at the panel where the aluminum trim is mounted to, this panel did actually have the correct shape that was needed to make it look right. So I drilled all the spot weldings and raised the panel to the height where it will be flush and got the result that you can see in the picture. It is not completely done yet, I have a lot work left to do, but it is deffently a step forward in the right direction! :)

image.jpeg

Back