Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice detail. It brings the eye down the center of car right to the sweet filler cap you bought. I can't wait to see the finished product. You may want to reproduce it for other people.

That metal work around the lights looks so good it looks factory lol.
Thanks a lot buddy!!!! I love to get those compliments, it just gives me so much! You are right, it brings down the eye to the filler cap, I really like that I made that detail! :) Yes that was actually a cool idea to reproduce it so other people could enjoy it on their own car! What is the best way to make a mould out of it, or what it's called?

Thanks for the compliments on the taillight panel, I still need some final touches to it to make them 100% identic to eachother :)

From what I understand from watching Mr. Ly do my moulds, it needs to be primed with a good epoxy primer ( not a spray can primer ) first and made as smooth as you can. Then he applied a build of gel coat ( I don't know what product or how much he put on) then he lay down resin and fibreglass mat and rolled it and brushed it in one layer at a time. It's really something you might need to look up on line or have someone show you. I'm ok with working with what he gave me as my final parts but I don't really know the process well enough to help.

From what I understand from watching Mr. Ly do my moulds, it needs to be primed with a good epoxy primer ( not a spray can primer ) first and made as smooth as you can. Then he applied a build of gel coat ( I don't know what product or how much he put on) then he lay down resin and fibreglass mat and rolled it and brushed it in one layer at a time. It's really something you might need to look up on line or have someone show you. I'm ok with working with what he gave me as my final parts but I don't really know the process well enough to help.
That should be the right way to do it right.. I hope I can do it, I was thinking about that I might want to try making it in carbonfiber, that would be way to cool! :)

Today I began to look at the flush mounted rear window that I really want to make as a modification to the body too. I like the idea of the flush rear window so much, it gives it a totally modern and clean look! You can see in the picture how it is going to look like, that is too cool, don't you agree!? :D Now I just have to make a new frame around and under the window so I get that flush look that I want! :)

image.jpeg

Looks good. I wanted to do the same and not put the trim around it but I haven't given much thought. Jumping around the car too much till now. It's time to pick an area and focus on getting it done. Design time needs to stop or j will never finish the car if I reinvent the wheel on every square inch of the car. I thinks it will be awesome on your car. Keep going my friend.

Looks good. I wanted to do the same and not put the trim around it but I haven't given much thought. Jumping around the car too much till now. It's time to pick an area and focus on getting it done. Design time needs to stop or j will never finish the car if I reinvent the wheel on every square inch of the car. I thinks it will be awesome on your car. Keep going my friend.
Thanks buddy! It's such a shame that we don't live closer to eachother, our passion for these cars and our ideas are likely the same! :) I know exactly what you are talking about, I can look at the different forums like Pro-touring.com and have twenty new ideas when I'm done! You really have to keep your head at one place at a time, but it's deffently not easy!

Thanks for your compliment! :)

You can bet the next time I'm in Europe I will make an effort to look you up. And I'm due. The last time I was in Europe was 20 years ago on my honeymoon. Want to take the kids and explore with them before they're too old to hang out with their parents lol.

You will be more than welcome my friend! I really hope that we can meet eachother some time, that would be nice! Haha that sounds like a good idea, suddently they are grown up and become teenagers, then they will think that their parents are embarrassing and stupid :D :D

Well, I got started on the frame for the flush mounted window. Here are some pictures of the progress so far. I still need to make some support for the frame, it will be welded to the new frame I have made and then to the underside of the old frame. I still need to finish the weldings on the top and left side of the car, I am not getting the best results with the CO2 welder, but we don't have more gas for the TIG welder and I could'nt wait to get started :D

Next will be to make the last piece for the frame which are in the bottom of it!

I hope you can see from the pictures what I am doing, if not, then feel free to ask! Look how nice, straight and close the rear window are to the frame now, I REALLY like it so much! I am trying to have 5mm between the window and frame all around :)

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work :coolphotos:

So flush mount whats the plan for the gasket or weather strip material and I'm assuming your going to cut back the interior ledge

So flush mount whats the plan for the gasket or weather strip material and I'm assuming your going to cut back the interior ledge
It wont have any weatherstrip, I will use that black ''glue'' that are made for glass when I mount it. I dont know what you call that product in English ? :D I dont know yet how the interior will be. I hope to make a one-piece headliner :)

It won't have any weatherstrip, I will use that black ''glue'' that are made for glass when I mount it. I dont know what you call that product in English ? :D I dont know yet how the interior will be. I hope to make a one-piece headliner :)
I know that but you still need a "revel molding" like the new cars Thats what I curious about. Something like this http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?ProductID=12722&GroupID=21027&History=30587:19748:19783:20834:19783:21020&ModelID=21027&pom=0

It won't have any weatherstrip, I will use that black ''glue'' that are made for glass when I mount it. I dont know what you call that product in English ? :D I dont know yet how the interior will be. I hope to make a one-piece headliner :)
I know that but you still need a "revel molding" like the new cars Thats what I curious about. Something like this http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?ProductID=12722&GroupID=21027&History=30587:19748:19783:20834:19783:21020&ModelID=21027&pom=0
Is that meant to be installed inside the car on the window frame, or what do you mean? :)

Is that meant to be installed inside the car on the window frame, or what do you mean? :)
outside between the glass and the metal edge

Back