Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the underside of your car is cleaner than the top side of any of mine!

Your plan makes sense to me. I always thought thebest way was to complete the car and road test it and get everything to your liking, then blow it back apart and paint and finish any body work.
Haha thanks Jeff, the reason is that I actually painted it's underside and engine bay for 10 years ago :D So the paint are easy to take of!!

That looks excellent ! With all the attention to detail on the older surfaces plus the sweet new parts you've accumulated, it's going to be a beast ! Once you nail the stance you will finally see the fruit of all your hard work looking mean and starring back at you
Thanks my friend! I will really go deep in detailing the underside and engine bay, everything will be clean! Because now I have all those nice parts waiting to be installed and it is really hard for me to see them laying there! I would really love to see the stance on it, I cant wait! I cant wait to show you how it is going to look, I have found the perfect color theme for it!!

Well the plans has been changed today and I decided to go a different way with the trans for the Mustang. I have found a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission for a very very nice price and it's brand new! I just need a steel bellhousing and a clutch for it. It came with a hydraulic throw out bearing and clutch setup, just need to search some information about that hydraulic throw out bearing to see if it will work for my application. I think this will be a insane and bad ass setup behind my engine :D
Will you have to modify the trans tunnel to get the t56 to fit? I am thinking about going this route. I'm concerned on how it will fit and where the shifter will end up.

Noticed your earlier post on the subframe connectors. Isn't the car supposed to be resting on its suspension when installing those? I have never installed any so I am not familiar with it, but if the car is not at its normal unibody flex will that cause binding problems in the future?

Noticed your earlier post on the subframe connectors. Isn't the car supposed to be resting on its suspension when installing those? I have never installed any so I am not familiar with it, but if the car is not at its normal unibody flex will that cause binding problems in the future?
I don't think it's nessecary, I saw a video when TinMan were installing them and on that video it was in a rotesserie as mine are too. And another thing, I dont want to install all the suspension parts just to install these! My plan are that I will paint the underside of the car when they are installed and then install all the suspension parts so I can get the car on the ground again :)

Well the plans has been changed today and I decided to go a different way with the trans for the Mustang. I have found a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission for a very very nice price and it's brand new! I just need a steel bellhousing and a clutch for it. It came with a hydraulic throw out bearing and clutch setup, just need to search some information about that hydraulic throw out bearing to see if it will work for my application. I think this will be a insane and bad ass setup behind my engine :D
Will you have to modify the trans tunnel to get the t56 to fit? I am thinking about going this route. I'm concerned on how it will fit and where the shifter will end up.
I am sorry, but I cant give you a good enought answer as I have'nt installed anything of the parts yet. But I found an article that shows a C6 automatic transmission and a T56 beside eachother, and they are actually looking very much the same in size. I am also concerned about where my shift lever will end in the car, but I think I will need to put the engine in the car together with the transmission to find out how it fits, I think it's the best way to do it :)

I've seen the t5 used in a 71, and in the one I saw the shifter fit perfect in the existing hole . All worked out great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the t5 used in a 71,  and in the one I saw the shifter fit perfect in the existing hole . All worked out great.
Thanks for the information, I really hope it fits in there with out to many modifications! Damn I need to get back on the track and do something to that car! :)

Yes Daniel, I love your car and I'm lookin forward to seeing some progress. I enjoy seeing progress on all these cars. Same happens to us all it seams, except turtle, that guys in a jog. Like the energizer bunny, I've been diverted from mine for a few weeks with a trip to visit mom & dad and then got back and wanted to knock out a deck on the side of the house I've been promising my wife for 2 years, lol I'm planning to get back on mine next Monday. Great to hear from ya.

Yes Daniel, I love your car and I'm lookin forward to seeing some progress. I enjoy seeing progress on all these cars. Same happens to us all it seams, except turtle, that guys in a jog. Like the energizer bunny,  I've been diverted from mine for a few weeks with a trip to visit mom & dad and then got back and wanted to knock out a deck on the side of the house I've been promising my wife for 2 years, lol I'm planning to get back on mine next Monday. Great to hear from ya.
Sounds like we are in the same boat, I have just made our living room because my girlfriend wanted it for a couple of weekends ago! There are allways something to take care of and with two kids in the house there are something to do all the time ::D really hope to get back soon!

My plan right now are to get the car sandblasted, then primed every where. Then I will install every new suspension parts and brake parts and put the new wheels and tires on to see how everything fits before I make more modifications. I am thinking about that I maybe want to make some different fender flares, so I need the car on the ground to make that :)

Great to hear from you as well !  ::thumb::

Not any progress on my own car, right now I am taking a lot of side jobs to get some money for my engine project! But will be back soon, my dad does need some help with his 1973 Mach 1 and it will be ready soon for paint, so my plan is to get his car painted so it just needs to be assembled. Then we will have some more time together to make all these modifications on mine and have more space in the garage :D

Here's a few shots of what I painted yesterday, it's a Mazda 6 with a 3 layer pearl effect color, very fun to paint :)

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

IMG_3149.JPG

Hope you get around to showing that mustang some love soon. Seams like everyone has Been a little diverted lately. How did the Mazda come out?

Just a little update here from Denmark and from the enginebuilder Ville in Finland. All the parts has arrived at his place, the rotating parts are being balanced today and the block are ready to be assembled. It should be ready in about a month. I'm so excited! :D

The body are still waiting in the rotesserie, found some more sheet metal in the trunk that needs to be replaced. They have repaired the trunk floor with cutting out that area where the rust were and then added a complete new trunkfloor on top of that, then spot welded and fiberglass around that! It looks like shit and I dont want that in the bottom of the car when I have spent so many $$$ on new high end parts :D

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3568.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

IMG_3570.JPG

IMG_3572.JPG

IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3574.JPG

IMG_3575.JPG

Back