Decoding Wheel Stamps - Magnum 500

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 convertible
I have 4 Magnum 500 wheels that have identical stamping on the inside of the wheel rim. They are genuine Ford parts as the center section has the satin plating instead of the hard chrome like the rims, and there is a Ford logo on the back side of the rim. Before I send them off for restoration, can anyone tell me what these mean? I think the rim stamping is a date code. The inner wheel must be manufacturer information.

On the rim

20240823_160803.jpg

In the wheel

20240823_154045.jpg

Thanks!

Calchrome seems to be the place. If you want them done as original - with the satin finish wheel centers...

Sit down

They run $650 per wheel.

The reason for the price is the wheel centers have to be removed from the rims. Both parts are plated separately and then rewelded together.

They have other options, but if you want those satin spokes, this is the best I have been able to find.

Well can’t say I’m surprised at the price. I’ll check them out. I’d also heard of another operation but I think they were substantially higher in price…… like prohibitive.

I’ll google Calchrome, thanks for the info!

Back