Donor found

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there's anything I learned from doing my '71, it was to always dry fit all of the panels before doing paint. I was lucky that everything eventually lined up, but there were some "adjustments" I had to make that were caught before spraying color. .

If there's anything I learned from doing my '71, it was to always dry fit all of the panels before doing paint. I was lucky that everything eventually lined up, but there were some "adjustments" I had to make that were caught before spraying color. .

For sure a bit of a oversight on my part. Luckily it is a easy adjustment. Everything else was on it. Doors fenders, valance, etc. just never put the trunk lid on [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of us forget to check every single detail, I forgot to check the alignment where the trunk meets the quarter panel extension and am out on one side so may have to repair this another time but will live with it for now

I found it to be a great help prior to paint was to drill some small holes in the trunk/hood hinges once alignment was correct

Didn't bother with the doors but some do 

Made it really easy when refitting the panels and less paint chips

It’s been a bit of a lull time and money just isn’t cooperating as usual. I did manage to get a great deal on a new complete axle set up I wanted though. Rear axle, springs, brakes, Weather stripping, light gaskets, headliner window tint then window installation to come in the next week or so
405ad5684ee97efa993f301a7ed9d8e8.jpg

It’s been a bit of a lull time and money just isn’t cooperating as usual.  I did manage to get a great deal on a new complete axle set up I wanted though. Rear axle, springs, brakes, Weather stripping, light gaskets, headliner window tint then window installation to come in the next week or so

Cool glad to see the new Currie 9 Inch went to a good home,  ...it was a smokin deal  ::thumb::

It’s been a bit of a lull time and money just isn’t cooperating as usual.  I did manage to get a great deal on a new complete axle set up I wanted though. Rear axle, springs, brakes, Weather stripping, light gaskets, headliner window tint then window installation to come in the next week or so

Cool glad to see the new Currie 9 Inch went to a good home,  ...it was a smokin deal  ::thumb::

I couldn’t resist. I sold my 28 spline for $250. Which needed seals, bearings, brakes. So the way I look at it I got it for next to nothing.

New Rear axle is in and working taillights IMG_6592.jpgIMG_6593.jpg

You are moving along nicely for sure. Just keep slugging away at it and the end will show up soon.

I think you might also be missing a couple brackets inside the trunk floor. There are two rubber pads that the wire form feet on the fold down rest in. Those rubber pads slide into two butterfly brackets welded in the target emboss on the floor. When there are no holes to align parts Ford put a bead to give the worker some way to get them in the ball park. If you have the trap door in you can use it when putting them in. Maybe Don will have a pair of them if the PO did not cut the old ones out of the original floor. There are a couple brackets on the bottom also for locating the gas tank you might be missing. Her are a couple pics of mine.

You are moving along nicely for sure. Just keep slugging away at it and the end will show up soon.

I think you might also be missing a couple brackets inside the trunk floor. There are two rubber pads that the wire form feet on the fold down rest in. Those rubber pads slide into two butterfly brackets welded in the target emboss on the floor. When there are no holes to align parts Ford put a bead to give the worker some way to get them in the ball park. If you have the trap door in you can use it when putting them in. Maybe Don will have a pair of them if the PO did not cut the old ones out of the original floor. There are a couple brackets on the bottom also for locating the gas tank you might be missing. Her are a couple pics of mine.

Thanks. Yes I am definitely missing the pieces inside the truck. The trunk was pretty much gone on My parts car so they were no longer in the car. Thanks again.

IMG_7030.jpgIMG_7029.jpgIMG_6794.jpg

Got the headliner in. A little adjusting to do. So thankful for my brother. I had to leave or I would of taken a knife to it after the first hour.

That looks very good, nice work

Yes , headliners will test your patience and help remove some of your hair

You owe him LOTS of steaks and beers

Little accomplishment today. Headlight buckets. I got the bolt kit and who knew there were two different bolt colors for the bucket and the support bracket.

To much confusion lol. Just put it in and let me drive it.

pinion snubber put back heater core firewall insulation in

That looks very good, nice work

Yes , headliners will test your patience and help remove some of your hair

You owe him LOTS of steaks and beers

Yes I do. So much of my teenage years were spent with him. I would rip stuff apart and he would always know how to put it back together. Priceless

Slow progress lately. Just plugging away
8bde00f0c56eabcac35bf4e564d15e4e.jpg
726c4c5bf35ad83adcc3e9c1593265b4.jpg
f7248a21e907b261458fe57653479ea3.jpg

Good day to see the tires go back on. Even if they are rollers
ad905ab037251a36f70df8822076b21c.jpg

Back