Donor found

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After tearing my first 71 down I determined the shell was to bad and didn’t make sense to repair.  So after a few years of looking, deals falling through, some my fault some others,   I finally found a good donor. I’m making it what I want so I didn’t need numbers matching.  Not perfect but don’t need to be Now the fun begins again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good luck looks good

Making progress. Got new quarters, doors next week. Then haul it to my brothers for the real work. He is Getting some small stuff out of the way. Practicing on a spare hood. I think he has the shine figured out.

IMG_4267.jpgIMG_4268.jpgIMG_4645.jpgIMG_4644.jpg

I don't know if you wanted the dash to look original or not. The black dash was done with a metallic paint. I think same paint from 65 through 73 for black. Any of the Mustang supply dealers have it. Too much shine in the interior makes them hard to see out of, lol. It is a flat finish from the factory.

Good to see you are making progress for sure.

I don't know if you wanted the dash to look original or not. The black dash was done with a metallic paint. I think same paint from 65 through 73 for black. Any of the Mustang supply dealers have it. Too much shine in the interior makes them hard to see out of, lol. It is a flat finish from the factory.

Good to see you are making progress for sure.

Although I’m not going for 100% original that’s going to be changed. He hasn’t painted in several years so mostly for him just getting the feel back. Might end up getting a inflatable paint booth. Any experience with them?

Or what’s the best way to paint without a paint booth?

Indeed, some serious step done here! Great work!

Small question, I see your floor has the extra fold, just like the new one that I have and need install.

How did you weld it with the drop offs? Did you keep a bit of the old floor as A on the pict or is it as on B.

Or something else, like adding a L shaped profile and weld both onto that profile?

Indeed, some serious step done here! Great work!

Small question, I see your floor has the extra fold, just like the new one that I have and need install.

How did you weld it with the drop offs? Did you keep a bit of the old floor as A on the pict or is it as on B.

Or something else, like adding a L shaped profile and weld both onto that profile?

Honestly I’d have to look. The trunk floor was already replaced when I bought it

Here goes nothing. Digging in to attempt a fold down rear seat conversion IMG_5044.jpgIMG_5206.jpgIMG_5207.jpg

Round 2

WOW and more WOW. You are definately stripping things right back. Wish i had your skills and confidence. I am looking forward to seeing the finished car

Thanks. I’m blessed to have a talented brother that loves a challenge. He’s been away from body work for 15-20 years but I guess it’s like riding a bike. Next is the dreaded fold down rear seat conversion

Sometimes I get overwhelmed I guess it will get there. Hard part is done. Just a lot of cleaning IMG_5512.jpgIMG_5513.jpgIMG_5515.jpgIMG_5516.jpgIMG_5517.jpgIMG_5518.jpgIMG_5519.jpgIMG_5520.jpgIMG_5521.jpgIMG_5522.jpgIMG_5523.jpg

Sometimes I get overwhelmed  I guess it will get there.  Hard part is done.  Just a lot of cleaning

awesome pics, and great progress to date. You're where i'd like to be in my resto. May i ask how you got the car on its side, i can't tell if you are using a jig or have gone for a more simpler approach. At some point i will need to paint the underside so would like to know the options. thanks.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed  I guess it will get there.  Hard part is done.  Just a lot of cleaning

awesome pics, and great progress to date. You're where i'd like to be in my resto. May i ask how you got the car on its side, i can't tell if you are using a jig or have gone for a more simpler approach. At some point i will need to paint the underside so would like to know the options. thanks.

Thanks. It’s actually on a home made Rotisserie. Makes things a lot easier

Back