Door-to-A Pillar Wiring Convolute

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Geoff, yes, I finally joined.  There's no way I could have gone through this entire build without finally becoming a member.  Thanks for the help!
 You're most welcome. The help you can get from the great guys on here will blow your mind.

The PM feature is very useful when you need to communicate privately to make deals or arrangements.

Does BFH mean what I think it means? Big F'n Hammer!!? Your car will certainly be that when it's done.

Geoff.

Yep it does.  When I bought the car, it had no engine.  When we were walking through the sellers pole barn, I noticed the 429 TJ from another project.  He looked at me and said "you want that big f'n thing moving your car?".  Sold... 
 Awesome, way to go. I just knew it had to be that.

Did you go to the show on the weekend? If you did, sorry I missed you.

Geoff.

EDIT: I meant to mention, you really should install the dash top speaker as it completes the FM stereo circuit. You'll need the double speaker one of course. I actually use my dash speaker more than the rears, can't hear them over the exhaust anyways!!

Last edited by a moderator:
While in the garage I dug out one of the NOS sets of door speakers, wires and grills. Here are some pics of what you will search for.

The grills for 71 were different had only one reinforcement bar holding the horizontal louvers in place. I guess that is why it has a D2ZZ number on the box they have the 72 - 73 grills.

Hi David - thanks so much for letting me know...been thinking about it for the past few days and I think I may try and use a 79-94 Fox body convolute instead.  Reason being - I'm likely going to use newer window regulators, PDL's, non-OEM speakers etc. for the door re-builds.  So, that is likely going to drive me to a custom wiring harness anyway...and I don't want to thrash a nice OEM set of door wiring like you have here.  I will  definitely keep these in mind however, if I find I need to revert back to the OEM method.  Thx!!

Back