• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Driver's Door for 1971 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71TexasBoss

Reaction score
Looking for a donor door to fit my 1971 Mustang. Must be rust free and no prior body work. Willing to drive to pick-up.

Thanks!

Edward
Annapolis, MD

Not sure if it matters to you, but since you are asking for an original, unmolested part, look at your old door and compare it to the passenger side. My original doors have different profiles in the lower corner on the latch end. One side is rounded more than the other. Found some other odd things when doing the bodywork - like welded on brackets and reinforcements that were later cut off on the assembly line.

Pick-up truck in a left-turn only lane decided he didn't want to turn left and instead turned into my lane without seeing me. My Boss just finished a three year comprehensive restoration between two states. Thank God he didn't hit me three feet further back and crush my rear quarter panel. Much easier to replace a door. Now just need to find one....

Last edited:
Pick-up truck in a left-turn only lane decided he didn't want to turn left and instead turned into my lane without seeing me. My Boss just finished a three year comprehensive restoration between two states. Thank God he didn't hit me three feet further back and crush my rear quarter panel. Much easier to replace a door. Now just need to find one....
Ouch!! did you mean right turn only lane?
Hope you find what you are looking for and get it fixed quickly.

Dang! I got rear ended 3 months after finishing my Vert. Took 7 months to resolve everything…

Ditto on the insurance. I kept insurance on the Boss during the three years it was in and out of restoration facilities. You want your investment protected when the shop burns down. I'm insured with Hagerty so this will be my first opportunity to put their service to the test. I've been a member of USAA since 1982 but they wouldn't insure it at the appraised value ($100,000).

Latest posts

Back