Dual voice speaker wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 2 prong connected properly.  And I connected each speaker side to a side on the speaker.   I get sound however not as loud as i was expecting.  But pretty loud.   I notice if I unhook one side of the speaker it's actually louder.  I have all grounds hooked to negative.  And Orange and white wire on positive.   My radio also is finicky when turning it on.  Have to turn it on and off via the volume knob multiple times to get sound to come out.  I guess this is what a used 40 yr old radio gives ya!
Sounds like the potentiometer (the volume control device in the radio) is going on you radio. It can be repaired by someone who repairs old radios. As I mention in an earlier post the stock radio amplifier is not strong enough to handle the speaker watts so the sound will be week. As I also mentioned earlier, you could try an find an old style "inline" speaker amplifier on eBay to boost the wattage.

But you got it working. Nice!

Thanks for your help. I'm satisfied with some sound. Although I prefer the roar of the motor anyways!

Back