Early 70's Ford Production

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get a chance, look at this video. There are four segments 15-20 minutes each. Boss1Ray had sent me this link when I had wished that we had a member or even a Guest who had actually worked at one of the Mustang plants to give us an "Insiders" view. While not a line worker at the Mustang plant, he still gave a good insight to life on the assembly line. This was before computer guided robots making close tolerance laser measurements. With only seconds to do their job, and mostly everything done manually, you wonder how anything the Big Three manufactured made it out the door!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the interview, I knew Ray was the one to find it again, lol. That line does not stop for any reason if it does someone will pay.

They have had a couple people on the line go postal in the past.

My son and son in law both work at BMW. The in law is a robot tech and goes to other BMW plants around the world to program robots. One day he said he saw this guy sitting at a table with boxes on each side of him with his head on the table. He ask him what was wrong and he said he felt like crap. He asked who was doing his job and he said nobody. So every car that went by his station didn't get what he was there to add. Same everywhere I have been.

Back