EASY way to get Sirius XM renewal 45% under MSRP

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
I have had Sirius XM service for 2+ years. One of the 10 best things I have purchased. Recommend it to everyone. The wife even likes it so much I had to get her one...

If you have the service, you know it is a pain to get them to offer the 45% of retail deal. Sometimes they offer it if you call and threaten to quit. Sometimes they dump your radio when you don't pay and you have to wait without service for 4 months for them to offer you the 45% off rate.

But, now I suggest you do the following. 3 weeks before your service expires, MAKE UP a reason to speak to customer service.

(Last time I called, the guy was working out of Cairo, Egypt. I think they are like 16 hours ahead of California- I was talking to the FUTURE. Milk is $.50 a liter(if I got the conversion right) and gas is about $.80. The Brotherhood hasn't added their Jihad excise tax yet.)

In any event, tell them your radio isn't working, that it is just stuck on station 0 or 1. Spend a few minutes with the service person and pretend to reset your phone. They will send an identifying/confirmation signal on their end. Just when they are about to hang up on you, tell them, "Hey, look at that...everything is working now!!! Thank you!!!.

Now they have their hopes up. They can log a SUCCESSFUL call on their end. Now, after celebrating, when they ask if there is anything else they can do for you, ask them if they can check on when your service expires.

Let them tell you it expires in 3 weeks. Act surprised, and ask if there are any renewal specials available. All of a sudden that service person's drone like voice will become extremely peppy!!! You will be able to feel that glazed look disappear from their eyes.

Then, they will tell you, if you renew right now, they can give you 45% off list!!! If you say you accept, you have the opportunity to make someone's day on the other side of the world...actually you get to make their next day!!! Don't let them give you the rate for 6 moths...see if they will give you the rate for 1 year...which they will because you are their buddy. You gave them a successful call, and a renewal for one year!!!

And, when you get done with them, don't forget to ask the price of milk and the price of gas...and ask them if it is goat or cow milk because I forgot.

I did that for 5 years, and this summer, they refused to give me a deal. it was a woman in Texas that I was dealing with, and she reminded me that for the past few years they have been renewing my suscription with there specials, and they can no longer do it to my account, so I said Cancel it, she said OK, and didn't try to keep me, and that was the end of Siris/XM for me.

this past month they sent me things in the mail to rejoin, with 6 months free, I called and asked for a deal, I was told, not at this time.

I will have to retry in a few months agian.

Dirtbags.

Perhaps you have bad phone manners. Have your wife call with a different credit card number. She should be able to schmooze up with the guy from Egypt.

I also like my Sirius but due to confusion on my part I was able to renew at 71% off a couple of months ago. I set the renewal contract aside on my truck with all intentions of renewing it but forgot to do so. After the due date passed I received a notice that they valued me as a customer and were giving me two more months free to decide and this message:

Love what you hear? We want you back. Renew your subscribtion to SiriusXM for six months for just $25 and enjoy over 130 channels. That's a huge savings of 71%.

Did they give you a coupon code?
Yep

GAWBQ412FLXMC5OA but it says (Offer valid only for the XM RadioID listed above)

Jim
Thats what I'm getting now, if I reactivate the radio listed above its 6 months free, and X% off the regular service.

Maybe I should have my wife do it, I did have bad phone maners that day, the lady got me a little heated up that day.

Tell them you are thinking about buying it, but wanted to know what the subscription costs was before pulling the string.

What do you think they were pulling the string on?

Back